Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   2016 Blues/2017 Resolutions (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16401)

MarkB. 12-31-2016 08:15 AM

2016 Blues/2017 Resolutions

Comrades:

I was sitting here noticing that while I got to launch more in 2016, I did not get to build more. My production was probably the lowest since I came back to Rocketry. I did a Rescue Bertha, a Rescue Sandhawk, a Rescue Centuri Saturn 1B and completed two long-dormant childhood projects, a K-41 Mercury-Redstone and a Sandhawk. I also helped my son with a Rescue Bertha and a Rescue K-22 V-2.

Pitiful.

I do have a couple of new-builds on the bench: a Scrambler, an LTV Scout D and an Hermes A-1. The Scrambler and Hermes are in paint. I have started collecting parts and plans for a 1/39 scale, 29mm-powered Soyuz that I'd like to have ready for NSL 2017 in Alamogordo on Memorial Day. SWMBO also got me some Shapeways BT-70 Titan parts for Christmas.

So what are you planning for 2017, rocket-wise?

leftover 12-31-2016 10:39 AM

I'm with you on the blues.
I did complete several project that I had always wanted to, being my first year returning to rocketry full time. I built the long desired but never done Mercury-Atlas, the newly released Goblin, two versions of the Mercury Redstone, the new one and the 1241, built Dr Zs Saturn V, and his MOL Titan, I completed my first ever scratch build (with tons of help from John Pursley) a BT-80 based Gemini Titan, my first clones, USS Atlantis and Jupiter C and have my childhood dream project on the bench in prep for paint , The orbital transport. But I did not launch a single time this year never burnt a single ignitor.

2017 I have a full stack Shuttle on bench, squirrel works Yankee Clipper, and Firebird SST, the Estes Little joe II, a Little Joe Mercury based on a bt-70, the new Saturn V
Estes Blackhawk, Centuri Buck Rogers Starfighter, and more but also plans to fly baby fly.😎

ghrocketman 12-31-2016 04:43 PM

I did not build much in 2016 other than R/C Aircraft which I have jumped back into with a vengeance.
Rocketry-wise I got started on the new Estes 1/45 LJ II Centuri semi-re-issue, and a K-41 Mercury Redstone as well.
The Little Joe II build will complete soon, not sure about the K-41.

PaulK 02-12-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
...So what are you planning for 2017, rocket-wise?

My plan is to build more than I buy!

- Finish the Semroc Deci-Scale Nike-Tomahawk
- Finish the PemTech Space Ark (38mm)
- Build a recently acquired NCR By Estes Patriot (Stock, or 38mm?)
- Build one of my 2 Estes Air Commanders
- Build a Rubicon, cluster of 7 motors
- Build a Squirrel Works Dogfight
- Build yet another Cherokee-D (Semroc), I tend to lose them...
- Build an Estes Star Orbiter (don't have this one yet)

Well, that's the plan, with everything except the first 2 subject to change!

stefanj 02-13-2017 08:51 AM

Almost done:
Commuter, from MRN plan
Long Tom (in primer)
Renegade D-to-C (in primer)
Fireshark (flown twice, in primer)
An Estes kit whose name I forget; similar to Commuter.

Want-to-build:

Estes Little Joe II
Estes Saturn V w/ internal mods

Also, 3-4 "B6-4" field fliers from my big bin of Estes stuff. I'd use these for demonstrations. My go-to demo rockets are getting beat up!

Scott6060842 02-13-2017 10:27 AM

I am on a self imposed rocketry buying freeze for 2017. I need to work down my kit and motor inventory.

But I will launch every chance I get and continue to build as much as I can.

Coconuteater64 02-17-2017 08:09 AM

I spent the year traveling, so I did not get to build or launch very much in 2016. I had to live vicariously through the internet. But I have six grandchildren, and half of them are interested in rocketry, so I imagine I'll be "assisting" with several easy to build kits this year.

LeeR 02-17-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
My plan is to build more than I buy!

Oh, that is so admirable, I'd love to try that someday! :)

I have an excuse for 2016 -- my wife had me remodeling our main floor. I did build an Estes Saturn 1B and hope to get it painted when it warms up.

JumpJet 02-17-2017 06:44 PM

I just finished building 6 of the same SciFi rocket for test flying.

Today I completed a build of a new prototype SciFi model.

Earlier this year I designed and built a new glider and helicopter type rockets.

Designed and built a new Space Type rocket.

I also built about twenty other rockets for testing purposes.

That's why when I'm at home I build RC Airplanes

:D

So if I'm lucky for the next ten months I'll only have to build another thirty to forty more rockets.

John Boren

LeeR 02-17-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
I just finished building 6 of the same SciFi rocket for test flying.

Today I completed a build of a new prototype SciFi model.

Earlier this year I designed and built a new glider and helicopter type rockets.

Designed and built a new Space Type rocket.

I also built about twenty other rockets for testing purposes.

That's why when I'm at home I build RC Airplanes

:D

So if I'm lucky for the next ten months I'll only have to build another thirty to forty more rockets.

John Boren

John, sorry work is so grueling. It must be an absolute nightmare some days ...

:)