Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Mission Control (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I'm Off to the National Sport Launch 2013... (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12539)

Initiator001 05-22-2013 08:49 PM

I'm Off to the National Sport Launch 2013...

1 Attachment(s)
...Thursday morning. ;)

The rockets are packed in my car and everything else just needs to be loading in the morning (See picture).

I will post news/comments/pictures about/from the NSL in this thread.

I look forward to seeing folks at the launch. :)

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-22-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
...Thursday morning. ;)

The rockets are packed in my car and everything else just needs to be loading in the morning (See picture).

I will post news/comments/pictures about/from the NSL in this thread.

I look forward to seeing folks at the launch. :)

:cool: Enjoy. Take pics. Keep the great unwashed up on any and all happenings. (Not only GH, but the rest of us, too. :rolleyes: )

BEC 05-23-2013 02:34 AM

I'm (finally) at my first overnight on the way to NSL - in Ontario, Oregon. In the morning, I head to Rock Springs, Wyoming, then on to Pueblo on Friday.

Very much looking forward to it.

JumpJet 05-23-2013 09:20 AM

Anyone attending NSL be sure to seek me out and say hi. Would love to be able to put a face to a name.

John Boren
Head of Estes R&D

BEC 05-23-2013 09:31 AM

John,

That's the plan. Met you at the Seattle NARCON....and would love to chat some more.

Initiator001 05-23-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
Anyone attending NSL be sure to seek me out and say hi. Would love to be able to put a face to a name.

John Boren
Head of Estes R&D

I plan on it, John. ;)

Initiator001 05-23-2013 10:40 PM

Gallup, NM

I am typing this message from my hotel room in scenic Gallup, New Mexico.

I arrived later than planned. There is quite a bit of construction/repair work happening on I-40. :(

My best guess it that I will arrive at the Hampton Inn at Pueblo around 4:00-5:00 PM local time Friday afternoon.

BEC 05-23-2013 11:15 PM

I'm in Green River, Wyoming. Not too much construction on I-84 or I-80 today....but there's always the opportunity on the rest of the I-80 and I-25 trip. Sounds like you're going to go through the I-40/I-25 interchange in Albuquerque and head north.

JumpJet 05-24-2013 12:13 AM

I'm sitting at my computer in the comfort of my own home in Pueblo West. Traffic was on the heavy side today. My normal 16 minute drive home from Estes took 16 min 15 seconds. It may have been one of the two stop lights I had to go through that caused the delay. :D

Friday I plan on spending half the day setting up hundreds of model rockets next to the banquet hall with Carl from Semroc. We may have to drive the whole three miles back to my house to eat Pizza, before returning to finish setting up the models. Could be a long day! :rolleyes:

Although I’ve spent countless hours doing my share in getting NSL ready, I really appreciate you guys driving across our great country to attend this event. It makes putting on such an event worth while. If the weather holds out we should have a great event.

John Boren

frognbuff 05-24-2013 09:23 AM

We'll be there Sunday with some Aggressor Aerospace stuff. Come by and say "hi." Would go Saturday too, but my niece is graduating high school in Ft. Collins that day!

-Scott