Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   1B skins (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17391)

jeffyjeep 07-17-2018 06:44 PM

1B skins

I see that John Pursley (accur8man) has "skin" kits available for the Semroc Saturn 1B. Has anyone tried one yet? I'm dying to get one!

jetlag 07-17-2018 08:50 PM

My set will be here by the end of the week, hopefully!
I really like all his skins.
The detail is both accurate and beautiful.

The Interceptor I did in the white Chameleon pattern is incredible.

Allen

Jerry Irvine 07-18-2018 09:06 AM

That's spectacular. I should put coupon in the box if I can get any.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...ighlight=saturn

That screen name comes back as invalid.

LeeR 07-18-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
That's spectacular. I should put coupon in the box if I can get any.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...ighlight=saturn

That screen name comes back as invalid.

Jerry, look up “accur8” on eBay.

I’ve got skins for an Interceptor and skins and molded fins for the Estes Mercury Redstone. I’ve not used them yet but the quality is amazing.

Les 07-18-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
I see that John Pursley (accur8man) has "skin" kits available for the Semroc Saturn 1B. Has anyone tried one yet? I'm dying to get one!

YES!! I've been waiting for this. Ordering soon....

neil_w 07-19-2018 08:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've built two of his models (did a build thread of the Ragnarok over on TRF; had some issues with that one but still worth the effort, also see attached pics). As said by everyone else, the skins are beautifully produced. I haven't used any of his scale model skins but I'd recommend them without hesitation anyway.

Jerry Irvine 07-19-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Jerry, look up “accur8” on eBay.
Thanks. Done. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at NARAM.

johnpursley 07-19-2018 02:22 PM

Accur8 Skin Kit for Semroc Saturn IB

Yup...I have full skin kits for wrapping virtually all exterior surfaces (except for the corrugated wraps). Been a few "bumps" along the way. Just as I released the "kit I thought folks would want" back in May I ran into a supplier problem...then got an assignment to do cleaning and repairs on the Saturn V at Kennedy Space Center...which got extended three times and left me being unable to do much about the new Saturn IB skin kits for almost a month.

Right after I released the initial kit, I was asked by virtually all of the buyers if I was going to release skins "for the rest of the kit." My original kit had the eight SIB tank skins and the SM...which I thought was adequate. Surprise, NOT. So, the original kit grew to the full End-to-End kit which consists of...

All items are SA-205/Apollo 7 specific
1. LES Motor skin
2. BPC glossy printed replacement for Semroc CM item
3. SLA glossy printed replacement for Semroc SLA. Includes reinforcing "under cone"
4. IU skin (with Apollo 7 antenna placements)
5. SIV-B tank skin
6. Eight SIB tank skin
7. Thrust Structure skin (roll patterns, hatches, etc)
8. Fin skins

For the most part, instructions are printed right on the skins. There is a supplemental printed instruction sheet. It is assumed that you have Skill Level 4 abilities. I also happily respond to emails if you need help. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Better to ask FIRST what you need to know than to ask LAST for help on something you should have asked about first! For my part, it's easier to tell you how to do it right than to back you out of a mistake...

I also have available NOW:

3D UV Laser printed resin SIB Thrust Structure Fairing --Very light (about 10gms), strong (printed in structural resin), snug fit around the eight first stage tanks. Approx 1.5mm wall thickness and no internal supports or webs to deal with.

True Scale Fin Kit --3D Laser Printed kit consisting of eight solid resin fins, fin skins and "true scale" BT-101 Thrust Structure skin. Cut the kit's BT-101 to 1.98" to use this kit.

True Scale Fin Kit with Support/Hold down struts -- 3D Laser Printed Kit consisting of eight resin fins with integrated scale support/hold down struts, fin skins and "True Scale" Thrust Structure skin.

The 3D Printed items will be available on eBay before the end of the month...July (if not this week). You can order them direct from me by responding via email to johnpursley@accur8.com. I will invoice via PayPal invoice. Mention you saw it on YORF and I will apply a 25% discount.

I don't regularly monitor posts to forums so if you have a question or comment, please send me an email via the links here.

grafgulch 09-18-2018 01:10 PM

John,

How much does the resin S1b fin set weigh?

Paul

johnpursley 09-18-2018 03:13 PM

The set of eight fins with hold down struts weighs 20 grams.

John Pursley