Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Scored an Astron Scrambler on eBay (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15217)

ghrocketman 07-06-2015 11:28 PM

Scored an Astron Scrambler on eBay

A couple weeks ago I was able to pick up a near-mint sealed K-37/1237 Astron Scrambler on eBay for what I thought was the measley sum of $51.00+shipping.
That's only like $21 over what the recently produced Semroc retro-repro Scramblers went for.
This is in the blue-hang-tag skill level 3 packaging.
I found this to actually be a great bargain as all the others have went well over $100.
I was surprised to get it for what I paid.
The same seller had a mint Estes Nike Ajax for sale also, but it went for over the $100 I was willing to pay. I think that one went for about $123.

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-06-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
A couple weeks ago I was able to pick up a near-mint sealed K-37/1237 Astron Scrambler on eBay for what I thought was the measley sum of $51.00+shipping.
That's only like $21 over what the recently produced Semroc retro-repro Scramblers went for.
This is in the blue-hang-tag skill level 3 packaging.
I found this to actually be a great bargain as all the others have went well over $100.
I was surprised to get it for what I paid.
The same seller had a mint Estes Nike Ajax for sale also, but it went for over the $100 I was willing to pay. I think that one went for about $123.

:cool: That's a killer deal. Love to hear about one that occasionally slips through. I was the high bidder several times in the past month on vintage rocketry auctions, but lost in the closing minutes. I'll go to a certain point, and if that's not good enough, so be it.
On the other hand, I was looking over my Semroc Scrambler this past weekend. All that's left for me to do is glue in the engine mount and paint it. :cool:

dannymrmissile 07-06-2015 11:50 PM

deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
:cool: That's a killer deal. Love to hear about one that occasionally slips through. I was the high bidder several times in the past month on vintage rocketry auctions, but lost in the closing minutes. I'll go to a certain point, and if that's not good enough, so be it.
On the other hand, I was looking over my Semroc Scrambler this past weekend. All that's left for me to do is glue in the engine mount and paint it. :cool:

ALWAYS fun to find a Bargain !

Newbomb Turk 05-17-2018 05:38 PM

I was in up to about $50 on the bagged kit that just sold. Went for over $100.

ghrocketman 05-17-2018 09:41 PM

I'd gladly pay $100 for another or an original Astron Cobra in skill-level packaging.
Would pay $200 for a K-21 Gemini Titan or K-29 Saturn 1B if anyone has one they want to part with.