Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Ask the Doctor (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Golden Scout certificates (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=3748)

Rocket Doctor 08-24-2008 12:05 PM

Golden Scout certificates

On Tuesday, August 26th, the Golden Scout participation certificates will be taken to the Penrose post office to be mailed with the special postmark.

Vern and Gleda signed nearly 500 certificates, and, after Tuesday, they will be on their way to your mailbox.

I would like to personally Thank everyone for their participation in the Golden Scout and Sky Of Gold 50th anniveersary celebration.

I would also like to Thank all of those who I met at NARAM as well.

Vern and gleda appreciate all of your kind words on the log.

And a special Thanks goes out to Carl, Sheryl and Bruce for making my vision a reality and for all of their very hard work to make this celebration such a huge success.

Thanks to all.....
RD

Leo 08-24-2008 01:16 PM

Hope they arrive in one piece because they have a long journey over the pond ahead of them.

Big thanks RD :)

Rocket Doctor 08-24-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Hope they arrive in one piece because they have a long journey over the pond ahead of them.

Big thanks RD :)

Don't worry Leo, yours is coming via Rocket Mail..........And, the pond isn't really that big........Ha Ha

Have a great day

RD

chanstevens 08-25-2008 07:40 AM

Just a tip for anyone who might want to protect the beauty of the envelope and the special postmark, but still get their mitts on the certificate inside--hold the envelope over a pot of boiling water to gently steam open the seal. This will preserve the envelope without any major damage.

I know, most of you are old enough to already know that trick, but any younger readers might have simply torn into the envelope to get their certificate.

--Chan Stevens

Rocket Doctor 08-25-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Just a tip for anyone who might want to protect the beauty of the envelope and the special postmark, but still get their mitts on the certificate inside--hold the envelope over a pot of boiling water to gently steam open the seal. This will preserve the envelope without any major damage.

I know, most of you are old enough to already know that trick, but any younger readers might have simply torn into the envelope to get their certificate.

--Chan Stevens

Chan

From what I understand from Carl , the envelopes are easy open, maybe Carl would like to expand upon that for all of us.

As previously mentiond before by another member here, you could put both the certificate and the envelope in a frame, but, keep in mind the size of the envelope and the certificate.

Another suggestion, have individual frames, one for each, you could put your Golden Scout in the middle with the envelope on one side and the certificate on the other.

Photos are welcome of your display of your GS and the certificate.

Be looking for your certificate over the next several days.

RD

cas2047 08-25-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
On Tuesday, August 26th, the Golden Scout participation certificates will be taken to the Penrose post office to be mailed with the special postmark.

Vern and Gleda signed nearly 500 certificates, and, after Tuesday, they will be on their way to your mailbox.

RD

Thanks to Vern and Glenda for signing all of those certificates! That's no small task!

Also thanks to Carl, Sheryl, Bruce and RD! This was a fantastic event!

Carl@Semroc 08-25-2008 10:23 AM

Certificates ready to mail

2 Attachment(s)
Vern and Gleda sent photos of their magic touch to the Sky of Gold project. The final count was 516 which included 23 international flights. Lots of signing and stuffing envelopes that must have reminded them of the old days. I am sure they recognized many of the names as some of their early customers.

Our thanks to Vern, Gleda, and Betty who made NARAM-50 so memorable for us. The Golden Scout program would not have been possible without their support and total participation. Sue Luck, the Postmaster at Penrose, has also helped make possible one more special mailing from the "Model Rocket Capital of the World." I don't remember when I received my last package from 81240, but I won't forget this one!

Thanks to Ken (RD) and Diana for being there from the beginning. Ken's persistence in making sure the Estes' 50th was remembered helped crystallize what all the rest of us were wishing would happen.

Special thanks to Sheryl and Bruce. Sometimes I get carried away with ideas that seem simple in the dream state, but are much more challenging when I awake. They make me look like I know what I am doing.

Carl@Semroc 08-25-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Chan

From what I understand from Carl , the envelopes are easy open, maybe Carl would like to expand upon that for all of us.
They are the re-sealable type envelopes.

Leo 08-25-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Vern and Gleda sent photos of their magic touch to the Sky of Gold project. The final count was 516 which included 23 international flights. Lots of signing and stuffing envelopes that must have reminded them of the old days. I am sure they recognized many of the names as some of their early customers.

Our thanks to Vern, Gleda, and Betty who made NARAM-50 so memorable for us. The Golden Scout program would not have been possible without their support and total participation. Sue Luck, the Postmaster at Penrose, has also helped make possible one more special mailing from the "Model Rocket Capital of the World." I don't remember when I received my last package from 81240, but I won't forget this one!

Thanks to Ken (RD) and Diana for being there from the beginning. Ken's persistence in making sure the Estes' 50th was remembered helped crystallize what all the rest of us were wishing would happen.

Special thanks to Sheryl and Bruce. Sometimes I get carried away with ideas that seem simple in the dream state, but are much more challenging when I awake. They make me look like I know what I am doing.

... and don't forget to thank yourself Carl. Without you and your company we wouldn't have had the hardware! :)

Rocket Doctor 08-25-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc

Thanks again Carl, and, tomorrow, all of the planning and hard work will be concluded, another milestone in model rocketry history.

The envelopes will be postmarked from Penrose with the special postmark and will be on their way.

And, I would like to Thank our International partners for their support of the Golden Scout and Sky Of Gold celebration. Photos would be appreciated.