Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Ask the Doctor (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Speak with Barry Tunick , Monday March 30th (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4959)

Rocket Doctor 03-25-2009 10:24 PM

Speak with Barry Tunick , Monday March 30th

Barry Tunick, owner of Estes-Cox has agreed to come on YORF on Monday March 30th, between the hours of 4pm to 6pm Colorado time Check your time zone, just for a reference, that would be 6pm to 8pm east coast time.

Those wishing to ask Barry a question may do so at that time, inorder for everyone to have that opportunity, we ask that you ask only one question per member, and if time allows, more questions will be taken.

Please be brief and keep your question on the topic at hand Estes.

No personal attacks, no name calling, lets be civil.

All questions will be answered, that can be, without going into confidential company business..

Barry has agreed to do this in part to reduce the speculation on the sale of the company and any other false information that might be at hand.

Barry deserves our respect and is looking forward to speaking with you here.

FYI

At exectly 6 pm Colorado time, the queation and answer period will end, even if in mid sentence.

I will start a new thread at 4 PM Colorado time for this Q & A session

cas2047 03-26-2009 07:04 AM

RD I applaud you and YORF for always being right out in front, keeping folks informed, and dealing with facts. Also a big thanks to Barry for agreeing to sit down and chew the fat.

Thanks!

Rocket Doctor 03-26-2009 07:10 AM

Your welcome..........Hopefully, this will put to rest all the speculation going on here.

Rocketflyer 03-26-2009 07:15 AM

WOW! YORF and RD, major kudos for this hookup. Congtrats!!!!

Ltvscout 03-26-2009 07:33 AM

Ken,

Thank Barry for me for taking the time from running his business to answer questions for us. We all look forward to speaking with him on Monday.

We really appreciate it.

Getting answers directly will hopefully quell all these rumors popping up.

foose4string 03-26-2009 07:43 AM

Is this going to be in typical thread format? Or, will a chat room be set up for this?

Peartree 03-26-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Your welcome..........Hopefully, this will put to rest all the speculation going on here.

Probably not.

I've worked for a company where the Vice President (the top dog at our division) proclaimed very strongly in an employee meeting that the company was certainly not for sale and all the rumors should be put to rest. Less than 72 hours later they announced that the company had been sold. And yes, the guy who made the announcement most certainly knew of the pending sale and all the details of the ongoing negotiations.

Corporate management will say what they feel needs to be said. The truth is often (unfortunately) irrelevant.

I'm sure what Barry has to say will be very interesting and I applaud you for arranging this. Will I believe what Barry has to say simply because he said it is true?

Probably not.

AKPilot 03-26-2009 08:17 AM

This will be great! Thanks for setting this up, am greatly looking forward to it and hearing the latest.

Do the rules of engagement apply to Barry as well?

Ltvscout 03-26-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foose4string
Is this going to be in typical thread format? Or, will a chat room be set up for this?

Thread.

Rocket Doctor 03-26-2009 08:51 AM

As Scott has pointed out, this will be a thread, a new thread will be established under "Ask the Doctor" which will be called "Ask Barry".

At exactly 4 pm on Monday March 30th, you may field question to Barry.

I have asked both sides to be civil to each other, courteous and stay on the topic at hand Estes.

The Q & A will only last for two hours form 4pm to 6pm olorado time, at exactly 6pm, that,s it, in the middle of a question or not.

This is an exclusive to YORF, no other forum will offer this opportunity to ask barry questions.

One question per member, and please be breif so that everyone may participate.

Confidential company business will not be discussed, so don't even ask.

I thank everyone here for your interest and look forward to the Q & A on Monday.