Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Current Kit Talk (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Quest MMI Aerobee - Hi Commemorative Kit (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=3681)

dwmzmm 08-08-2008 03:14 PM

Quest MMI Aerobee - Hi Commemorative Kit

Got my Quest retro MMI Aerobee - Hi 50th Anniversary Commemorative Kit today in the mail! Looks really cool. :D :D :D

Later, when I get started on the construction, I'll post some pics. Great job, Quest!!

Initiator001 08-09-2008 11:34 AM

I received the two MMI Aerobee-Hi kits I ordered direct from Quest on Friday.

I, also, had ordered one as part of NARAM-50.

At least one of them will get built, someday! ;)

Bob

dwmzmm 08-12-2008 11:51 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics I took this evening of the Quest MMI Aerobee - Hi. Thought you all would
be interested in seeing this. Can't wait to start the build!

Johnnie 08-13-2008 02:57 PM

Beautiful, I can't wait to get mine...I got notification that it shipped today.

Johnnie

Doug Sams 08-13-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Here's some pics I took this evening of the Quest MMI Aerobee - Hi. Thought you all would be interested in seeing this. Can't wait to start the build!
Dave,

Are these repros? Or did Quest come up with some "new old stock"? If they're repros, the aging done on the paper is impressive.

[Edit] Never mind. After seeing more of the pics, it's obvious they're repros. But the aged look is still kewl!

Doug

Royatl 08-13-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
Dave,

Are these repros? Or did Quest come up with some "new old stock"? If they're repros, the aging done on the paper is impressive.

[Edit] Never mind. After seeing more of the pics, it's obvious they're repros. But the aged look is still kewl!

Doug

Probably not so much aged, as printed on non-bleached paper. IIRC from when I worked for a pulp/paper mill architect, a lot of paper sold for instructions was made of the cheaper non-bleached variety until the 60's when it became common to bleach all paper. Of course, now the tide has turned back and we're going back somewhat to unbleached.

Doug Sams 08-13-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Of course, now the tide has turned back and we're going back somewhat to unbleached.
It's higher in fiber which helps to reduce cholesterol :D

Doug

rokitflite 08-14-2008 08:38 AM

They are printed on something called "onion paper" for that look... Don't worry, it won't make you cry. ;)

Niteowl 08-14-2008 12:22 PM

I couldn't resist any longer and ordered one today. I'd been eyeballing it for a while. The pics with the retro-packaging were the final straw.

It'll be my first Quest kit. I was pleasantly surprised to learn it was a domestic product.

Another one for the "pile". I'll be busy this winter.

Johnnie 08-14-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteowl
Another one for the "pile". I'll be busy this winter.

Yepper, more product to ward off cabin fever...

Johnnie