Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Great deals on discontinued Semroc kits at eRockets.com (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17042)

K'Tesh 12-27-2017 04:50 PM

Great deals on discontinued Semroc kits at eRockets.biz
 
Hey, some great deals on some Semroc kits at eRockets.biz . Several 3FNC and 4FNC kits as well as classics like the Saturn 1B are being discontinued and are either on sale, or going on sale soon.

Go to their website and search "Discontinued".

Make sure you're ordering the kits, and not just instructions or parts assortments.
.

[EDIT] eRockets is a dot biz, not dot com... Fixed the link [/EDIT]

ghrocketman 12-27-2017 05:20 PM

I'm not surprised.
Was wondering how long the new ownership was going to keep around all those great SLS kits.
Am surprised about the Saturn 1B though. Discontinuing that kit is INSANE.

tbzep 12-27-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I'm not surprised.
Was wondering how long the new ownership was going to keep around all those great SLS kits.
Am surprised about the Saturn 1B though. Discontinuing that kit is INSANE.

My WAG on his reasoning on the Saturn 1B: It will allow him to cut back on inventory that is likely slow moving, create more space for other items, and create a demand later down the road for periodic re-releases like Estes has done with the Saturn V. I doubt the 32 remaining kits will be discounted unless he just can't move them at all. It's still listed at $92 on the website and $100 on his eBay presence.

K'Tesh 12-27-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
My WAG on his reasoning on the Saturn 1B: It will allow him to cut back on inventory that is likely slow moving, create more space for other items, and create a demand later down the road for periodic re-releases like Estes has done with the Saturn V. I doubt the 32 remaining kits will be discounted unless he just can't move them at all. It's still listed at $92 on the website and $100 on his eBay presence.


In my conversation with Randy, he said that he hasn't finished deciding how much all the discontinued kits will be discounted. Some have their discounts, others haven't yet.

And like you guessed, slow movers are the ones getting the ax (this includes all the Groonies). However, since they make the parts, if a kit you want is out of production and stock, you still can order the parts separately.

BEC 12-28-2017 03:22 AM

Boy....temptations. That said, I went on a major buying binge when Sheryl was shutting down Semroc and have at least one example of all the discontinued kits in my stash already. But I may need to supplement a little.

It's interesting that most of the RTBs including the lovely Aphelion and the mini versions of the Centurion and the Lil' Hustler are going out as well as the SLS models. Another surprise is My Boid....my first Semroc kit. It's just a simple ST-8-based streamer model, but with any one of a number of possible fin sets.

Added: It looks like the SLS Laser-X is the only SLS kit not on the chopping block, for whatever that's worth.

ghrocketman 12-28-2017 04:57 AM

The one SLS Kit surviving is the one I have zero interest in. Never interested in the original Laser-X either.

astronwolf 12-28-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Another surprise is My Boid....my first Semroc kit. It's just a simple ST-8-based streamer model, but with any one of a number of possible fin sets.

My Boid is in the "Just Released" category and is not being discontinued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Added: It looks like the SLS Laser-X is the only SLS kit not on the chopping block, for whatever that's worth.

The new SLS Lil Augie is still there.

I'm a little surprised that the Mini-Max clones are getting discontinued. Most everything else of what is getting the axe does not surprise me.

PaulK 12-28-2017 11:07 AM

Thanks for pointing this out KTesh. Temptations, temptations...

BEC 12-28-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
My Boid is in the "Just Released" category and is not being discontinued.


Well, it comes up in the search for "discontinued" and says that in the product description (and the URL itself). http://www.erockets.biz/semroc-flyi...6-discontinued/

Quote:
The new SLS Lil Augie is still there.


True. That one hasn't been around long enough for me to think of it in SLS terms.

astronwolf 12-28-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Well, it comes up in the search for "discontinued" and says that in the product description (and the URL itself). http://www.erockets.biz/semroc-flyi...6-discontinued/

How odd. Here is another page linked to the "just released" list. It does not say "discontinued."
http://www.erockets.biz/semroc-flyi...m-my-boid-ka-6/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.