Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   fin-kwik (the Original) (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=2249)

rgornik 10-01-2007 08:32 PM

fin-kwik (the Original)

Our father was Mitch Gornik, the inventor of the origiinal metal Fin-Kwik. He was a tool and die maker who came up with the idea in response to my brother Mark's complaints about how hard it was to put fins on accurately. He made the original dies and had them stamped at a buddy's shop; my brothers and I did the threading and final packaging. Dad was proud of his invention and it was a real kick in the pants when Estes stopped buying from him and went to their plastic version. Anyway, I have about 20 FIN-KWIKS in their original packaging. If there is any interest please let me know. Happy rocketing. rgornik

Chas Russell 10-01-2007 09:32 PM

Yes, I would be interested in purchasing one. I did not have one of the originals, but do remember the design.

I mostly free-hand my fins, but this would be a collectable. Well, I've only been in the hobby for 40 years.

Chas
Charles Russell
NAR 9790

barone 10-01-2007 09:33 PM

Sure...I'll take one....PM me with details.

roktdad 10-01-2007 10:50 PM

me too

I would also like to get one

Early Starts 10-01-2007 11:00 PM

I am interested!

I would like one. Is the tool still around to start up production again?

scigs30 10-01-2007 11:01 PM

I will take one. David

CraigF 10-01-2007 11:03 PM

Me too! What's the info?

pantherjon 10-01-2007 11:41 PM

I would like one as well! :) I remember seeing one at athe hobbie shop when I was a young teen..Never got the metal one..But a little later I did get the plastic version..Didn't last but 3 months and one of the pieces got broken-don't recall WHAT broke- but in a fit of anger I threw it on the floor and it broke into like 6 pieces..Straight to the trash it went..Was the low point in my early rocketry days, and probably the time I stepped away from rocketry til this Feb...

SEL 10-01-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgornik
Our father was Mitch Gornik, the inventor of the origiinal metal Fin-Kwik. He was a tool and die maker who came up with the idea in response to my brother Mark's complaints about how hard it was to put fins on accurately. He made the original dies and had them stamped at a buddy's shop; my brothers and I did the threading and final packaging. Dad was proud of his invention and it was a real kick in the pants when Estes stopped buying from him and went to their plastic version. Anyway, I have about 20 FIN-KWIKS in their original packaging. If there is any interest please let me know. Happy rocketing. rgornik

I have one - bought it from Commonwealth Displays 20 odd years ago and still use it.
Personally, I think it's much more accurate than the plastic Estes version.

Sean

Initiator001 10-02-2007 12:28 AM

I would, also, be interested in one of these.

Bob