Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tour of Ferguson (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16974)

UMRS 11-24-2017 02:26 PM

Tour of Ferguson

1 Attachment(s)
Got to see the crapper factory, luckily we DO have pictures of their head salesman and their product.

jeffyjeep 11-24-2017 03:04 PM

"Now that's a MAN'S flush!"

"head" salesman. That's funny.

mycrofte 11-25-2017 06:10 AM

We have one like that. Kept the old 6 gallon toilet when we bought the house.

jeffyjeep 11-25-2017 07:24 AM

I’d kidnap the pope to have a 6 gallon tank again! You could practically flush a pumpkin with that mofo!

I believe they’re still available in Canada.

ghrocketman 11-25-2017 12:56 PM

Should still be available here too.
Environmentalism be should be an INDIVIDUAL choice.
One should be able to save their little piece of the environment if they so choose. One should also be free to choose to RUIN a portion as well. I'd shut down the EPA in a heartbeat if it was my decision.

UMRS 11-28-2017 05:10 AM

Johnny Crapper or was that Thomas?

ghrocketman 11-28-2017 08:30 AM

Funniest thing I ever saw in a movie involved a toilet.

The "hardware store toilet" scene in the original "jackass" movie.
Grab a newspaper, drop trousers, proceed to TAKE A DUMP in a DRY display floor-model toilet.
That thar's an ultra hilarious riotttt.

Shreadvector 11-28-2017 01:19 PM

I got it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2YRDzpTL4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
"Now that's a MAN'S flush!"

"head" salesman. That's funny.

blackshire 11-29-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Funniest thing I ever saw in a movie involved a toilet.

The "hardware store toilet" scene in the original "jackass" movie.
Grab a newspaper, drop trousers, proceed to TAKE A DUMP in a DRY display floor-model toilet.
That thar's an ultra hilarious riotttt.
Something rather similar occurred at Fairbanks International Airport one winter night a few years ago when Compeau's, a local snow machine (we don't call 'em "snowmobiles" here; why, I do not know) and ATV dealer set up display snow machines in the terminal building; a native boy climbed aboard one (while his parents were occupied buying commuter plane tickets), cranked the engine, and it started right up!

Also, a surprisingly-significant number of travelers--women as well as men, from all across the U.S.--considered our bathroom sinks to be "hand shower basins" and left the floors soapy-slick and soaking wet (the janitorial folks I knew wanted to ^skin^ those philistines!). At least they didn't stand up on the toilets' seats to urinate ("footprints on the toilet seat" is a culture shock to American visitors to Indonesia). :-) In addition:

Seconded on your EPA comment above--it makes about as much sense as having a federal (as well as state versions, as is the case with the multiple "EPAs" at both levels of government) "theft, rape, and murder prevention agency" that, like the EPA, exercises prior restraint (the police are a "criminal suspect apprehension service" whose job isn't to prevent crime--although their physical presence naturally has a deterrent effect where they're present--but to arrest them *after* crimes have been committed).

The Constitutionally-proper way to handle pollution and littering is to have sensible state laws--just as the laws against theft, rape, and murder are at the state level--against intentional and negligent pollution and littering (that's the way it used to be), not agencies that everyone has to ask "Mommy, may I?" of before building anything, or even digging a new drinking pond for one's cows, without submitting an Environmental Impact Statement (at least one farmer was cited by the EPA for committing that "crime"). Canada has some peculiar directives concerning this, too:

A few years ago, there was some environmental confab there which involved attendees visiting a nearby forest on foot, and they were actually advised to "not urinate in the same spot twice, to prevent contamination" (what about the bears and moose who might have their favorite "watering spots?" [even horses often have favored patches of ground for putting nitrates back into the soil...]).

ghrocketman 11-29-2017 09:17 AM

I have no problem with environmental regulation just as long as it is no stronger than that followed by Shell Oil, Dow Chemical, Chevron-Ortho, and General Motors in the 1950's.
No joke.