Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   RockSim Asylum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RockSim 9.0.2 Build 72 Now Available (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4683)

CPMcGraw 02-12-2009 10:45 PM

RockSim 9.0.2 Build 72 Now Available

Changes for version 9.0.2 (Build 72)
  • The check for updates code has been moved into the main RockSim application. This was done to simplify the update process and get around some Windows security issues. The external rsupdate application is no longer used.
  • The simulation plot start and end time selections have been restored. There was an issue with the new plot engine that was preventing users from changing the start and end time between plots. I have found a work around for this bug.
  • Windows: Fixed a typo in the Windows file type association setup. This bug was preventing the .rkt design files from opening correctly in RockSim 9. In some cases RockSim was crashing when attempting to open a .rkt design file by double clicking in Windows Explorer.

Be sure to download the full version.

pantherjon 02-13-2009 07:00 AM

Ahhh, that last fix listed had cropped up on me from time to time! Would happen when also trying to open(download) a *.rkt file from a website and instructing Windoze to 'Open With Rocksim'..Would get the 'We are sorry RockSim has encountered a problem and has to close' error message..Glad they were able to find out what was causing it and fix it. :)

Been slacking and haven't played in RS for a couple weeks!:o

CPMcGraw 02-13-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherjon
Ahhh, that last fix listed had cropped up on me from time to time! Would happen when also trying to open(download) a *.rkt file from a website and instructing Windoze to 'Open With Rocksim'..Would get the 'We are sorry RockSim has encountered a problem and has to close' error message..Glad they were able to find out what was causing it and fix it. :)

Been slacking and haven't played in RS for a couple weeks!:o

Don't get too happy... :(

It still crashes on Vista. I had it happen last night, after installing the update, and sent Tim & Paul an email with the error data Windows generated. I think it's trying to load the RKT file before it finishes loading the databases, which is generating a conflict.

rkt2k1 02-13-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Don't get too happy... :(

It still crashes on Vista. I had it happen last night, after installing the update, and sent Tim & Paul an email with the error data Windows generated. I think it's trying to load the RKT file before it finishes loading the databases, which is generating a conflict.

Got same results running latest version on Windows XP ! :(

Something still not right with this particular fix. It also now seems that the program startup display seems to be askew for a few seconds when opening Rocksim directly.

I'm sure they will get it worked out!

Any interest in starting an outstanding "bug-tracking" list for Rocksim in the software section of Barclone?

Folks would be informed of the latest known issues and we would be able to collectively provide feedback to Tim & Paul at Apogee, helping to improve an already great piece of software.

... Bill

CPMcGraw 02-13-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt2k1
Got same results running latest version on Windows XP ! :(

Something still not right with this particular fix. It also now seems that the program startup display seems to be askew for a few seconds when opening Rocksim directly.

I'm sure they will get it worked out!

Any interest in starting an outstanding "bug-tracking" list for Rocksim in the software section of Barclone?

Folks would be informed of the latest known issues and we would be able to collectively provide feedback to Tim & Paul at Apogee, helping to improve an already great piece of software.

... Bill

I noticed that startup funkiness, too.

I'll start a thread "Bugs and Issues" and let everyone chime in as to what they're seeing. Although RockSim is not per se a BARCLONE project, we use it for all of our design and development. I think TRF has a similar thread (or threads)...

snaquin 02-13-2009 06:48 PM

I haven't noticed any start up issues with the new version running on Windows XP but I only used it for a short while last night after installing it. I'll look for that .....

I always copy the new full version file that I download and back it up with my license file for good measure.

I always copy my current data files over whatever it installs since I have all my great new SEMROC items in those files. One thing I never check is to see if anything new has popped up in the data files Apogee supplies with each new version. Anyone else checking this?

Gus 02-13-2009 09:36 PM

No Mac issues, but I've not been doing anything too intensive. My old files seem to open without problems.