Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   spring cloning cleanout (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=92)

Phred 04-07-2005 09:45 AM

spring cloning cleanout

Hi Guys,

Well, it is finally time for me to finish up all of those cloning projects I have had sitting around for some time... I know that If do not finish these now, and I start building some new rockets, they will never be done!!

I just applied the Allis Chalmers orange to my Rogue clone. I will decal it tonight.

The Avenger is in it's final primer/sand/primer stages and I just worked out a decal for the roll pattern.

My Drifter needs two more fins painted blue, then decaling.

I am also re-building an old BT-55 V2 clone that landed on my car last time....This was my first BAR clone and it now sports a new NC tip, and a few fins have been fixed. It is in primer now, awaiting final sanding. I believe that I will go with US Operaton Sandy for the color scheme. (Launch from the deck of the carrier Midway)

My SPEV-D has been all gloss white since the fall, and will be getting the black portions painted soon. It sports, D power, seperation at the BT-60/TA 6052 transition, and six fins to make it look more like a Sat 1b.

What else... Oh yeah, my Constellation is all gloss white with a bright red NC. It needs one fin painted black, and decaling.

Not a clone, but my Big Betty in pearlescant yellow and green, will soon be getting a green martian pin-up chick decal.

I will post some pics as soon as I have something worthy to take a pictuer of!!

Phred

Phred 04-08-2005 09:11 AM

Well, I did a p**s poor job at masking the drifter... I will wait a few days and try to salvage it, otherwise I will ned to re-coat with gloss white and start again... :-(

I printed the decals for the Rogue, drew up a set of checkered pre-damon style decals for my X-ray clone: http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rock...66/66est20.html

I also printed a custom set of decals for the Big Betty with pin-up betty-martian.

I gave the QUEST Intruder, and my Sandma BT-56 Sptint good coat of gloss white.

It is sunny today, so I hope to get some more painting and some decaling in.

Phred

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-08-2005 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelsior_rocketry
Hi Guys,

Well, it is finally time for me to finish up all of those cloning projects I have had sitting around for some time... I know that If do not finish these now, and I start building some new rockets, they will never be done!!

I just applied the Allis Chalmers orange to my Rogue clone. I will decal it tonight.

Doug's not here yet, so you can just call it orange. ;)

Phred 04-11-2005 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was able to get to the decaling yesterday, as well as a fe more base coats on other projects. Here is a pic of the Rogue:

Phred 04-11-2005 09:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And the Big Betty: The finsd say 'Take me.... To your leader" her little sign says "Mars or Bust"

Phred 04-11-2005 09:59 AM

Finally, here is my pre-Damon styled Xray as per the late 1960's catalogs:

Phred 04-11-2005 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here is the pic anyway...

ShieldWolf 04-11-2005 11:22 AM

Nice! Maybe now I'll be inspired to finish a couple of my projects.

Thanks,
Randal

CPMcGraw 04-11-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:
Well, here is the pic anyway...

Did you create your own version of the roll patterns, or did you have an original pattern to work from? That's a nice looking paint scheme, too. :)

You say this was based on the late 60's catalog pictures. Was yellow / black an 'official' combination for the X-Ray? It's impossible to tell from the catalog pages... :cool:

Beautiful model... :D

Craig McGraw

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-11-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:
I was able to get to the decaling yesterday, as well as a fe more base coats on other projects. Here is a pic of the Rogue:

Nice. I've always been a fan of the Rogue. I had a buddy who had one in 1977, but he insisted on calling it the Rouge.