Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How many Blackbirds? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=7457)

Rustee 07-28-2010 01:22 AM

How many Blackbirds?

I've had a few of the Estes Blackbirds,the Chinese one in the bag and the US one in the box, and after I pulled all my kits out again I realised the one I was looking at was 307003, it's in three languages and the dimensions are metric. My Master's Series Space Shuttle was the same. I assume it's simply for the international market but how rare is this? I'm thinking I like it,it's just a little different.

barone 07-28-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustee
I've had a few of the Estes Blackbirds,the Chinese one in the bag and the US one in the box, and after I pulled all my kits out again I realised the one I was looking at was 307003, it's in three languages and the dimensions are metric. My Master's Series Space Shuttle was the same. I assume it's simply for the international market but how rare is this? I'm thinking I like it,it's just a little different.

Hmmmm.....sounds like someone is selling American secrets to foreign countries..... :D

Mikus 07-28-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Hmmmm.....sounds like someone is selling American secrets to foreign countries..... :D

Don't move, an unmarked white van will be there shortly. ;)

Rustee 07-28-2010 05:46 PM

Gee, Cold War humour,how topical. Do either of you comedians have an answer?

barone 07-28-2010 07:35 PM

Hmmmmm...........

Maybe they're rare here since they are printed in a foreign language but numerous in the country of the language? Gee....let me think about it......nope, I don't have any other possible answer other than maybe you should contact Estes and find out how many they made for the country of the language. Then, perhaps survey that country and find out how many are still in existence. And then determine what an objective definition of rare is and apply the numbers.

Gee..some people just don't have a sense of humor nor seem to appreciate the humor of others. Please add me to your blocked que.

jeffyjeep 07-28-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Is your 307003 in a bag or a box?

Rustee 07-29-2010 01:51 AM

It's in a box,the first one I've seen,I usually pass them by. Barone, I could say some people can't answer a question without being a smart-ass,is that you? I happen to have a great sense of humour. Take your ball and go home if you want.

jetlag 07-29-2010 04:04 AM

Easy, guys. Not worth all that. This is supposed to be fun. Keep it up and there will be 'no soup for you.' :D

jeffyjeep 07-29-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:
It's in a box,the first one I've seen,I usually pass them by. Barone, I could say some people can't answer a question without being a smart-ass,is that you? I happen to have a great sense of humour. Take your ball and go home if you want.

Hmmm. Now I'm curious. I'll have to check my boxed SR-71's when I get home from Kalamazoo. Oh Goody! Red Arrow Hobbies is on the way home!! :D

Rustee 08-02-2010 02:12 AM

I must say I didn't intend to raise any tension on the forum, I was in fact replying in a humurous fashion,like ha ha,very funny,no capital letters or exclamation points. I guess I forgot to say "LOL" or put some smiley face on it. Sorry you took it the wrong way Barone but I think your comments were a bit over the top. Well it was a misunderstanding,that's all.