Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   25th anniversary Saturn V (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1608)

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-03-2007 05:46 PM

25th anniversary Saturn V

I had to take my son to our local hobby/toy shop today, so while I was there I took a look at the rocket section. To my great surprise they had two Estes Saturn Vs sitting on the floor with $90 price tags. I don't know what the going rate for these is, but if anyone is looking for one, I'd be glad to do the legwork. Just pay the postage and kit costs.

barone 04-03-2007 07:33 PM

They're going for over $100. One on E-Bay is up to $66 but there's still two days left on the auction. An earlier kit is up to $87. Was it a Hobby Lobby per chance? 40% off coupon this week...

Ltvscout 04-03-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I had to take my son to our local hobby/toy shop today, so while I was there I took a look at the rocket section. To my great surprise they had two Estes Saturn Vs sitting on the floor with $90 price tags. I don't know what the going rate for these is, but if anyone is looking for one, I'd be glad to do the legwork. Just pay the postage and kit costs.

Bill,

Are you sure these are 25th Anniversary kits? If so, they are the older #2001 kits, not the ones re-issued around 2001 or so.

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-03-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Bill,

Are you sure these are 25th Anniversary kits? If so, they are the older #2001 kits, not the ones re-issued around 2001 or so.

They had the 25th anniversary logo on the box. I walked by them twice before I realized what they were. Then I looked REAL close. ;)

Ltvscout 04-03-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
They had the 25th anniversary logo on the box. I walked by them twice before I realized what they were. Then I looked REAL close. ;)

Well, $90 for a #2001 Saturn V is a good price. There's a cool 25th Anniversary poster in the box as well. I'd take one if I didn't already have four or five of them sitting here. :o

barone 04-03-2007 08:47 PM

Bill,

If you don't mind, I'll take one of those kits. And, we can PM eachother about delivery/pick-up/shipping arraingements. Thanks.

dwmzmm 04-03-2007 08:49 PM

Heck, I was just looking over my K-36 kit (still in-the-box) earlier tonight to see what
modifications I can make to convert to an all up, five engine cluster model. I'm debating
if I should use one 24 mm core motor with four 18 mm outboards, or go with five 18 mm's.
Also trying to decide if I should cut the centering rings myself (don't really have the tools)
or have BMS do it for me.

I'm thinking of making this (K-36) my flying version Saturn - V, while using my Centuri
Saturn - V (already built over a year ago) for display only. What do you guys think?!

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-03-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Was it a Hobby Lobby per chance? 40% off coupon this week...

If it was Hobby Lobby, I'd have bought them both and Ebay'd them. ;) Since when have any of us lived that lucky? :D
No, this is a local place that has been around longer than I have. (Although I believe I've shopped in all of their locations in Latonia over the years.)

barone 04-03-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Heck, I was just looking over my K-36 kit (still in-the-box) earlier tonight to see what
modifications I can make to convert to an all up, five engine cluster model. I'm debating
if I should use one 24 mm core motor with four 18 mm outboards, or go with five 18 mm's.
Also trying to decide if I should cut the centering rings myself (don't really have the tools)
or have BMS do it for me.

I'm thinking of making this (K-36) my flying version Saturn - V, while using my Centuri
Saturn - V (already built over a year ago) for display only. What do you guys think?!
I think you oughta get Bill to pick up that second kit for you and use it for flying.... ;)