Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New (old) kit (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=71)

Ltvscout 03-28-2005 10:10 AM

New (old) kit
 
I've never seen this one before. I don't have it in my Estes Kit List either, so I'm going to add it.

[Addendum] I just looked in my copy of Flying Rocket Kits 1958-1988 by Richard M. Jungclas and see that it is in there. I don't know how I missed not putting it into my online list. Besides the TK-123 number it also goes by 0800.

I'll bet this one goes for a pretty penny. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/5o2wo

Do a View seller's other items while you're at it. This dude has a bunch of cool '69-'71 era kits for sale.

dtomko 03-28-2005 12:21 PM

I believe this was only listed in a Model Rocket News. I dimly recall seeing it in one of those or in a flyer, but not in a regular catalog.

Bob H 03-28-2005 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtomko
I believe this was only listed in a Model Rocket News. I dimly recall seeing it in one of those or in a flyer, but not in a regular catalog.


I think you are correct in that it was never in the catalog.

I bought one of those assortments but, of course, they are long since lost.

Ltvscout 04-03-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob H
I think you are correct in that it was never in the catalog.

I bought one of those assortments but, of course, they are long since lost.

It just sold for $203.72. Yowza.

Nuke Rocketeer 04-05-2005 12:43 PM

I think I've got one of those also still MIB. I'll have to take a look.

Phred 04-07-2005 10:46 AM

Ouch!! I wanted this one, but not that badly....

dtomko 04-07-2005 12:17 PM

I'm sort of speechless about the winning bid. That's more than I've seen 1/100 Saturn 1bs go for.

Ltvscout 04-08-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtomko
I'm sort of speechless about the winning bid. That's more than I've seen 1/100 Saturn 1bs go for.

Back in the late 90's 1b's were getting in the lower to mid $200 range. The price on them dropped the same time the price dropped on the #2001's and K-36's, when Estes released the #2157 Saturn V. This was also around the same time that Sierra Fox Hobbies in Italy came across a load of #2001 Saturn V's and #2048 Saturn 1b's and was blowing them out dirt cheap, even with the shipping cost.

I had stocked up on Saturn's (V's amd 1b's) here hoping to wait awhile and make a killing. Oh well, I won't lose money when I go to sell them but it sure won't be like back then.

rokitflite 04-19-2005 01:14 AM

Misc-collector...
 
The guy who won this auction puts some amazing bids on obscure items. I just bid over $500 on an assortment of coldpower rockets and he still won it! I guess he needs stuff worse than I do! :rolleyes:

Ltvscout 04-19-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitflite
The guy who won this auction puts some amazing bids on obscure items. I just bid over $500 on an assortment of coldpower rockets and he still won it! I guess he needs stuff worse than I do! :rolleyes:

Yes, I've seen him bid a number of items way up the past few months as well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.