Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Estes Trident (K-33) Dimensions? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=939)

JRThro 06-27-2006 01:51 PM

Estes Trident (K-33) Dimensions?

Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions (mostly lengths) of the parts used in the Estes Trident (K-33)?

I seem to remember a cross-reference between Estes part numbers and tube lengths, etc., but I'll be darned if I remember where it is.

I've got the instructions and templates from JimZ's site already, btw.

The Trident looks like a really cool kit, and I'm semi-seriously considering cloning one.

Thanks!

tbzep 06-27-2006 02:02 PM

Body tube length refrence chart on Ninfinger's site. Tube Chart

JRThro 06-27-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Body tube length refrence chart on Ninfinger's site. Tube Chart

Thank you, sir!

JRThro 06-27-2006 02:58 PM

Similarly, I believe there's a nose cone cross-reference out there as well. But does it give dimensions? Or does it just say, basically, "this particular nose cone was used in these kits"?

JRThro 06-27-2006 03:29 PM

How the heck can the Trident II even have the word "trident" in its name, when it has just 2 ejection ducting tubes and *4* fins??
;)

Eagle3 06-27-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
How the heck can the Trident II even have the word "trident" in its name, when it has just 2 ejection ducting tubes and *4* fins??
;)

I always called it the "Bi-dent" ;)

tbzep 06-27-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:
Similarly, I believe there's a nose cone cross-reference out there as well. But does it give dimensions? Or does it just say, basically, "this particular nose cone was used in these kits"?

It's on the YORF website. Hang on while I find the link...

There's two versions located on this page plus pictures of nosecones. Click right here and scroll down a bit for your info.

hawkshobby 06-27-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions (mostly lengths) of the parts used in the Estes Trident (K-33)?

I seem to remember a cross-reference between Estes part numbers and tube lengths, etc., but I'll be darned if I remember where it is.

I've got the instructions and templates from JimZ's site already, btw.

The Trident looks like a really cool kit, and I'm semi-seriously considering cloning one.

Thanks!

Would you like a list of all the specs?? We can give you a list with all the sizes and nose cones
(where to get the actuall nose cones and part #) . I just built a clone of this ....my very first rocket ever... about a month ago.

Let me know.
Loretta

A Fish Named Wallyum 06-27-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshobby
I just built a clone of this ....my very first rocket ever... about a month ago.

Get back, Loretta! (I bet you NEVER hear that, eh?)
This was your first rocket?! Why didn't you pick something easy like a scratch Saturn or a Mercury Redstone? :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

hawkshobby 06-27-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Get back, Loretta! (I bet you NEVER hear that, eh?)
This was your first rocket?! Why didn't you pick something easy like a scratch Saturn or a Mercury Redstone? :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

The First rocket I built EVER was mid May ( about a month ago).
At the same time I was building the Trident I was also building Red River's Predator
for a drag race at NSL and then I built a clone of the Mars Snooper.
Got a little help from Mark on the fins of the trident and predator. Got a little carried away on the snooper pods ( wasn't paying attenting to the instructions :eek: ) and put the main fin on the pod in the wrong place. Then I went on a mini brute kick . So as of now I have built 15 kits including one of my own the Super Sprite . Now I just have to paint them all .
Oh Ya lets not forget the 433% up-scale Javelin that I'm building for my L1 Cert.

Pictures of my builds will soon be on my web-site under family builds.
Loretta

P.S. I NEVER do anything the easy way. :D