Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   1/70th SEMROC Saturn 1B wraps (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=13592)

the mole 02-26-2014 11:00 AM

1/70th SEMROC Saturn 1B wraps

4 Attachment(s)
I have drawn wraps for the 1/70 scale SEMROC Saturn 1B. I was going to do a build thread to show how they would be installed on the tubes. Then I realized that these wraps are installed like any other wraps (like those used on the Dr.Zooch rockets). So, I see no need for such a build thread.

These wraps are prepared like any other wraps. Print them out. Give the ink time to dry. Spray a clear coat to protect them from scratches and moisture. Draw a straight line from end to end of the tubes to help get a straight start. I can see the fuel tanks being used more than any of the others.

If you would like a set of the .pdf files of these wraps, send me a massage to my in-box on this forum with the email address that you want me to send them. You may use the files for your personal use – just don't sell them. If you have questions when you start to use them, you can email me.

Bill 02-26-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
send me a massage to my in-box on this forum

Someone is going to make a ton of money with this technology...

Bill

dlazarus6660 02-26-2014 02:01 PM

Perfect timing. I was just about to paint my S1B.

stefanj 02-26-2014 03:53 PM

I am rebuilding, on and off, my 1974 vintage Estes Saturn 1B.

Well, it is too late to put them on my fuel tanks and second stage, but the shroud and CM wraps could save me a lot of fuss!

the mole 02-26-2014 05:47 PM

I have tried to fill all the requests that I received today for the 1/70th Saturn 1B wraps.
If you did not receive yours, let me know.

snaquin 02-26-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
I have tried to fill all the requests that I received today for the 1/70th Saturn 1B wraps.
If you did not receive yours, let me know.

PM sent.

Awesome work on those wraps!

Thanks,

Jerry Irvine 02-26-2014 07:02 PM

Almost makes me want to make a kit using them.

Jerry

Earl 02-26-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
PM sent.

Awesome work on those wraps!

Thanks,

Yeah, you said it! PM headed out directly!

Earl

stefanj 02-26-2014 08:19 PM

Even if you don't use the wraps as wraps, they'd make awesome painting guides!

the mole 02-27-2014 08:53 AM

Well, all of you have kept me busy emailing out the Saturn 1B wraps. I hope everyone got theirs. If you haven't let me know and I will keep trying .
At first I had all eight files in one email. A lot of these email did not go through, so I had to break the files down into four pages. This was the trick.
I have been working on these for over a year off and on. I decided it was time to finish them. I used a lot of information I found on the net, on the forums TRF and YORF. Most of all 90% came from drawings purchased from David Weeks (c1991,2002). I tried to do the best I could to keep the detail as true as possible. I know there are thing that shouldn't be there and things that should be there that are not, so be easy on me for my mistakes. I'm sure the fuel tanks will be used the most. They are what got this whole project started.

I hope my efforts help in some small way to make your Saturn 1Bs builds easier in some way.

So for now keep them flying.
Frank.