Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Model Rocket History (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some forgotten Shrox kits (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=3220)

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-26-2008 07:34 PM

Some forgotten Shrox kits

This was one of the pages on the Shrox site years ago that showed some potential new offerings. (I copied it before it disappeared.) The Icarus eventually did come out, but I think the rest never materialized. I always liked the looks of the Federation in particular. Maybe they're now in Estes future? :rolleyes:

Tom Swift 04-26-2008 08:13 PM

Those are cool! Looks like the aft end of the Federation has a music CD as well as the trademark Shrox ping pong ball.

sandman 04-26-2008 10:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Don't forget the Sarah Conner.

Here's my version. I call it the John Conner.

No decals yet. Just haven't figured that part out yet.

I think it's gonna need a lot of nose weight.

Rocket Doctor 04-27-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
This was one of the pages on the Shrox site years ago that showed some potential new offerings. (I copied it before it disappeared.) The Icarus eventually did come out, but I think the rest never materialized. I always liked the looks of the Federation in particular. Maybe they're now in Estes future? :rolleyes:

There is more..........

barone 04-27-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
Don't forget the Sarah Conner.

Here's my version. I call it the John Conner.

No decals yet. Just haven't figured that part out yet.

I think it's gonna need a lot of nose weight.

Oh, now that is soooo awesome!

JAL3 04-27-2008 07:38 PM

It looks like I entered the ranks of the BARs too late. These remind me of the kits I wanted as a kid but could never find or afford. :(

Is there a source for buying any of these Shrox kits? :D

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-27-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL3
Is there a source for buying any of these Shrox kits? :D

Looks like Estes will be making the Icarus available as the Daedalus, but I'm not sure as far as any of the others. I think Flis Kits still kits the Alien 8 and Apogee does the Snarky.
I just pulled out Alien 8 #37 tonight to finally start it. :o

JAL3 04-27-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:
Looks like Estes will be making the Icarus available as the Daedalus, but I'm not sure as far as any of the others. I think Flis Kits still kits the Alien 8 and Apogee does the Snarky.

Thanks, I ahve those 2 in the build pile. I was just hoping against hope that somebody would read the message and say, "gee, old whatchmacallit hobbies down the street has all those things and the old man is too stubbor to use the net...you could probably get them by calling 555-1212...."

Its a forlorn hope but hopes die hard.

Thanks again.

PS I didn't know the Snarky was a Shrox kit. It was the first I ever ordered from Apogee.

JRThro 04-27-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Apogee also does the Orion and the Stonebreaker, which are Shrox designs. I've really liked the Orion ever since I first saw it as a freely downloadable design in the Apogee newsletter.

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-27-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
Apogee also does the Orion and the Stonebreaker, which are Shrox designs. I've really liked the Orion ever since I first saw it as a freely downloadable design in the Apogee newsletter.

Yeah, I forgot about the newsletter downloads. I've got a CD with a bunch of those that someone printed off for me. There were some pretty cool plans on there. I think Chan Stevens built and reviewed them all for EMRR. I was there when he flew the Shrox Shuttle. IIRC, it came in VERY HOT!
Man, that was a long time ago. :(
And now that I'm thinking about it, Shrox gave everyone a free plan as a Christmas gift one year. I'm not sure which plan it was, but I think I saved it on my home computer. :cool: