Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Current Kit Talk (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Estes Quinstar (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15459)

Initiator001 09-28-2015 02:10 PM

Estes Quinstar

2 Attachment(s)
Estes will soon be releasing a new kit named Quinstar.

The SRP on this model will be $19.99.

I would refer to it as a similar concept to the Blender kit but with a 18mm motor mount.

Another neat idea from John Boren. :)

aeppel_cpm 09-28-2015 02:47 PM

I feel like my wallet has been targetted.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=15454

BEC 10-18-2015 05:43 PM

I also received one recently. Here's a build thread (on that other forum): http://www.rocketryforum.com/showth...-Quinstar-build

(over there I can post up to 10 pictures per post, which I like)

Ltvscout 10-18-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
(over there I can post up to 10 pictures per post, which I like)

Easily changed. Try it now.

BEC 10-18-2015 09:05 PM

Gee, Scott...if I'd have known it was that easy I'd have said something sooner :). OK - I'll cross-post here in the next little bit....

Added:

Well....maybe not. First I had to shrink some of the pictures down to meet the file size limit. I can cope with that.

Now I carefully enter them into the upload window in the order I want them to appear but they actually show up scrambled....and I don't see any mechanism for fixing that after the fact. Is that why you had the limit where it was?

luke strawwalker 10-19-2015 08:17 AM

Not sure why the forum software does that... but it certainly does. There is a solution, though...

You have to select the pics/files you want to upload ONE BY ONE using the "Browse" button to select the filename/location on your hard drive, and then once you select it to fill the box with the filename/location, then IMMEDIATELY hit "upload".

If you select ALL the pics or files first using the "Browse" function, and THEN hit "upload" only once, they will display in a totally random order. You CAN fix it after the fact, but to do it, you have to edit the post and delete all the pics, and then go back and re-select them using browse one by one and upload them one at a time in the order you want them to display.

I found all this out doing the many build threads and the Study Summaries over in the scale section, where it's important that the pics appear in the specific order you're describing them so the text and the pics match....

If only we could then embed the pics inside the text of the post, but unfortunately this version of the vbulletin forum software apparently doesn't support that... oh well...

Later! OL JR :)

PS. When I used to post on the "Terribly Run Forum", I found that I could upload the pics there and they'd resize automatically. SO I usually did my build threads over there and then saved the pics back from there with an "m" suffix (for "modified") added to the end of the filename, which I then loaded here on my build thread, since they were already downscaled to fit in the picture file size limits here...

Course since I quit the Terribly Run Forum, now I just do it the old fashioned way... LOL:) I'm not sure if the software on the Rocketry Center forum automatically resizes or not... I haven't done a build thread needing pic downsizing in awhile... If so, I could do the same thing crossposting on the Rocketry Center forum...

Once the modified pics are uploaded here, I can easily distinguish and delete them off my hard drive and keep the original full size ones...

Later! OL JR :)

Ltvscout 10-19-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Gee, Scott...if I'd have known it was that easy I'd have said something sooner :). OK - I'll cross-post here in the next little bit....

Added:

Well....maybe not. First I had to shrink some of the pictures down to meet the file size limit. I can cope with that.

Now I carefully enter them into the upload window in the order I want them to appear but they actually show up scrambled....and I don't see any mechanism for fixing that after the fact. Is that why you had the limit where it was?

Yes, I don't allow full-size jpg's to be uploaded due to the size they are with today's cameras. My database size is already 10GB. It would quickly become unmanageable with unlimited size jpg's (plus would exceed my hosting plan allowable size). There is no fix for the picture order, unfortunately, unless you want to upload one at a time as mentioned above. This software I'm running is 10 years old. I've had a member make a generous offer to pay for the upgrade in the past, I just don't have the time to work on this stuff anymore like I did 10 years ago.

BEC 10-19-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Yes, I don't allow full-size jpg's to be uploaded due to the size they are with today's cameras. My database size is already 10GB. It would quickly become unmanageable with unlimited size jpg's (plus would exceed my hosting plan allowable size). There is no fix for the picture order, unfortunately, unless you want to upload one at a time as mentioned above. This software I'm running is 10 years old. I've had a member make a generous offer to pay for the upgrade in the past, I just don't have the time to work on this stuff anymore like I did 10 years ago.

I'd already made smaller versions, but a few of them were just over the limit. From this I learned I can almost do 'em in batch fashion in Preview, so no worries about the size.

On the order - OK - got it. I'll bear in mind the upload-one-at-a-time workaround the next time I get the crazy idea to upload a bunch of pictures to one post.

aeppel_cpm 03-04-2016 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Quinstar. I found the triangular decals to be a challenge I wasn't expecting.