Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Auction pricing on OOP Estes kits (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4636)

gerryfortin 02-14-2009 08:38 AM

Hi Der Red Max

Can I assume that the Citation kits are numbered as "KC-x" while the non Citation versions are numbered as 065x? If that is the case, then it is simple to change the database accordingly and also to track boxed vs. bagged kits.

Ltvscout 02-14-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryfortin
Hi Der Red Max

Can I assume that the Citation kits are numbered as "KC-x" while the non Citation versions are numbered as 065x? If that is the case, then it is simple to change the database accordingly and also to track boxed vs. bagged kits.

Correct.

gerryfortin 02-21-2009 08:58 PM

A quick update is in order. The database is now accessible via three links due to the size of the database file and ongoing upload problems with my ISP. Actually, breaking the database into three tables also helps with download speed and my ability to add further segmentation of the earlier kits by no hangtag/with hangtag.

A kit name cross reference table is under construction as a fair number of eBay listings do not use the catalog number.

Finally, I threw in the top 10 active and expensive kit tables on the home page for a bit of decoration..... One of these days, I need to get home and add a few rocket pics to really decorate....

Feb28 - Update.......

Database is current. Enjoy

gerryfortin 03-25-2009 11:49 PM

March 25 Update

Hi everyone....

The Estes kit database was updated as of March 25 and the Estes kit name to catalog cross reference list is also finished. I would like to hear feedback about the Top 10 active and highest priced kit tables. Do you find them useful before clicking on the individal database pages?

Since announcing the database on this forum, the BAR website link has been visited about 500 times; an encouraging statistic.

Finally, I was able to buy a Blue Bird Zero kit for reasonable monies today.......this is kit number 354 in the growing collection.

Ltvscout 03-26-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryfortin
Finally, I was able to buy a Blue Bird Zero kit for reasonable monies today.......this is kit number 354 in the growing collection.

Heh, was that you that paid $70+ for one?

West Shore Rockets 03-26-2009 11:13 AM

Anybody know the value of an original Estes Honest John? The regular size, not the Maxi. I don't have the year. But it had the green facecard.

Reason for my curiosity is that at NARCON, we had one as a door prize, and one of the young kids in the club got it. I watched her father's eye bug out when she got it.

Thanks.

Bob

Carl@Semroc 03-26-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Shore Rockets
Anybody know the value of an original Estes Honest John? The regular size, not the Maxi. I don't have the year. But it had the green facecard.

Reason for my curiosity is that at NARCON, we had one as a door prize, and one of the young kids in the club got it. I watched her father's eye bug out when she got it.

Thanks.

Bob
That came from Mark Mayfield's collection as a donation to NARCON, along with an Arcon-Hi and Streak. They were in my possession for about two hours if there is any drool on them. :D

gerryfortin 03-26-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Shore Rockets

Thanks.

Bob

The Honest John with green facecard sells for average price of $117 on eBay. There have been two sold in the past year at $170 and $64. Quite a large spread but I don't remember if the $64 kit was mint.

gerryfortin 03-26-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Heh, was that you that paid $70+ for one?

Scott....yes that was me. I was thrilled to secure the kit for under $100.

LeeR 03-26-2009 10:36 PM

A Mars Snooper for $347?

Wow ... I have the Limited Edition boxed, and while not as old, makes me wonder if I should just keep it. I was ready to build it, but maybe I should just buy the BMS clone, and save this one.