Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Green" Motors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4089)

Rustee 10-29-2008 10:49 PM

"Green" Motors

I've come across some Estes motors in green packages without anything on the back of the package. There were various sizes from 1/2A up to a C6-7 I think,I have some D12-3's. Anything remarkable about these? How old would these be? Also Cobra D11-P's. The launch sets up here have motors in them,do they have them in the States?

shockwaveriderz 10-30-2008 10:27 AM

got some pics?

terry dean

John Dyer 10-30-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustee
I've come across some Estes motors in green packages without anything on the back of the package. There were various sizes from 1/2A up to a C6-7 I think,I have some D12-3's. Anything remarkable about these? How old would these be? Also Cobra D11-P's. The launch sets up here have motors in them,do they have them in the States?

What were the packages like? Cardboard tubes or paper "diamond - shaped" boxes?

John

Royatl 10-30-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Green package motors are generally exported to Canada, and I think, Germany. I know that when I visited a couple of hobby shops in Montreal, Quebec, and Guelph, Ontario in the 80's, their Estes motors were in green packages in english and french (as opposed to the pink packages in the states).
I also have seen these packages even after Estes started using the stripes motif or the Cobra motif here in the States.

Rustee 10-30-2008 08:06 PM

Pic

1 Attachment(s)
Yes they're in English and French,so an '80's Canadian import. Neat.

Royatl 10-31-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:
Yes they're in English and French,so an '80's Canadian import. Neat.

Ok, those motors were made in '92 (letter in date code is W, and it has the igniter plugs that were introduced sometime in '91 or '92).

Any Canadian reader know if they still use the green cards, or if not, when they changed?

Ltvscout 10-31-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Any Canadian reader know if they still use the green cards, or if not, when they changed?

I believe Rustee is from Canada so he should be able to answer that for us. ;)

Rustee 11-01-2008 10:41 AM

Thanks for the info Royatl,I wasn't BA yet in the early 90's so that's why I don't recall these,I couldn't say when they changed but my other packs are dated 1999 and they're blue,also in English and French as required by law. Didn't see any B14's though... now that was a great motor!

Mark II 11-01-2008 03:04 PM

I remember seeing Estes motors in that packaging on this side of the border, too, at least once or twice. I didn't know what you meant at first, Rustee, but when I saw the photo, I immediately recognized that package as one that I had seen before. I may have even owned a pack or two, and I've never bought rocket motors anywhere but in the US. It would have been a few years ago, right after I came back to the hobby.

BTW, I have bought many packs of Estes motors with French-English bilingual labeling.

Mark \\.