Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Return of the Estes catalog (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17324)

Initiator001 06-14-2018 01:18 PM

Return of the Estes catalog

Yup, it's true. :)

There will be a 2018 Estes catalog.

It should be available in by the end of June.

Looking forward to it, Estes. :D

LeeR 06-14-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001

Great!

My wife and I met Ellis Langford and his wife at NSL. I was even more encouraged with the change in ownership and the new management direction after talking with them. Ellis also spoke for a few minutes at the banquet.

Really nice folks! :)

ghrocketman 06-14-2018 02:13 PM

I'll be really impressed if the new ownership brings back port-burning BP SU 18mm and 27/29mm motors that were available in the 60's through 90's.
They ARE wanted; not doing so is just one more baloney excuse.

mojo1986 06-14-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I'll be really impressed if the new ownership brings back port-burning BP SU 18mm and 27/29mm motors that were available in the 60's through 90's.

Might as well give it up, GH...............almost certainly not gonna happen. Truth is, YOU and a few others want them back, but it will be a niche business. Are you gonna pay substantially higher prices for them to offset the problem of low volume?

Rocketflyer 06-14-2018 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gh:

tbzep 06-14-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
Might as well give it up, GH...............almost certainly not gonna happen. Truth is, YOU and a few others want them back, but it will be a niche business. Are you gonna pay substantially higher prices for them to offset the problem of low volume?

If by "a few" you mean a few thousand, yes. Probably half or more of the current NAR membership would like some B14/B8's and C5's. Just about all of us NAR folks that still fly low power would like to have a box full of them to lift our bulky projects on small fields. The other half probably only cares about HPR. Most buyers that aren't NAR members wouldn't know what they had if they saw them on the store shelves. Unfortunately, that's where Estes makes their profit.

LeeR 06-14-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001

Bob,

Do you know if the catalog will be printed, or might it just be PDF?

BEC 06-14-2018 04:39 PM

Glad to hear that about the catalog!

I managed to talk to Ellis Langford for a few minutes outside the theater where the participants' briefing for the TARC final was held. He was there with Angela Everhart and one other Estes person whose name has escaped me. And of course his dad was running around like crazy since models shipped to TARC are sent to his business (Aurora Flight Sciences). Ellis was certainly saying all the right things. It is a very hopeful sign.

On B14s, B8s and C5s. Sure - I'd be happy to see any of these back. I still have a few B8s and C5s I managed to scrounge after becoming a BAR, but only have one B14.....but I'm not going to hold my breath. :)

Initiator001 06-14-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Bob,

Do you know if the catalog will be printed, or might it just be PDF?

It's at the printers now. :cool:

Initiator001 06-14-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman

In a post over on TRF, John Boren said everything was being looked at.
The only product that was definitely NOT going to return were B14s.