Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   skyhighhobbies - Beware (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17087)

jeffyjeep 01-28-2018 08:57 AM

I can relate, Steve. The vendors that REALLY frost my butt are the ones that take an irreplaceable kit and mail it in an envelope—usually so they can profit on shipping, or just because they’re lazy.

When I gig them for it I usually get the same response (if any): “ I’ve always mailed them in envelopes. This is the first time one has ever been damaged.”

Uh huh.

Gus 01-28-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
They don't allow sellers to give the red negative bullet, but they can still give some nasty feedback in the comments.

Yes, but Mike is right. The comments about buyers are pointless. Nobody reads them, or would refuse to accept money from someone who is labeled a "cranky buyer", LOL. So I really couldn't care less about the comment he left about me.

Jeffy, as for sellers who send kits in mailing envelopes, that staggers me, too. But I usually figure they are very part-time sellers who don't really realize what they're doing. But, for the love of Vern and Gleda, skyhighhobbies has been doing this for over 12 years. His damaging this kit was just truly willful neglect.

jdbectec 01-28-2018 11:13 AM

I am actually surprised to hear this. I recently ordered 5 MPC kits from him and they were all carefully packaged. I even left positive feedback! Apparently he has stopped caring.

UMRS 01-29-2018 05:59 AM

Once reported they will removed your comment. And if done enough you get a temporary ban. I know from experience ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
They don't allow sellers to give the red negative bullet, but they can still give some nasty feedback in the comments.

UMRS 01-29-2018 06:01 AM

There are very few rocket kits that can be mailed in an envelope (if any at all). We have sold thousands of kits in over 20 years and have NEVER put one in an envelope.

Sellers have an "underground" communication system. Gus is 100% correct. We put "problem" buyers on our own BBL list. (Blocked Bidder List). So if your on mine or any other sellers BBL you can no longer buy from them. There are hundreds of sellers that swap buyer names all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Yes, but Mike is right. The comments about buyers are pointless. Nobody reads them, or would refuse to accept money from someone who is labeled a "cranky buyer", LOL. So I really couldn't care less about the comment he left about me.

Jeffy, as for sellers who send kits in mailing envelopes, that staggers me, too. But I usually figure they are very part-time sellers who don't really realize what they're doing. But, for the love of Vern and Gleda, skyhighhobbies has been doing this for over 12 years. His damaging this kit was just truly willful neglect.

LeeR 01-29-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
What a POS Dirtbag.
Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.

Dittos.

Gus 02-01-2018 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just one more thing. In case any of you are unaware, the post office has no objections to customers nesting their free Priority Mail shoebox boxes (photo below). Very easy to do, just squeeze one end of one of the boxes to slide it into the other. Put your kits inside and slide the upper box down to the appropriate length. These are perfect for mailing rocket kits because you can adjust the size to appropriately fit most rocket kits. Added benefit is that it double boxes the kits keeping them a bit safer.

Steve

jdbectec 02-01-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Just one more thing. In case any of you are unaware, the post office has no objections to customers nesting their free Priority Mail shoebox boxes (photo below). Very easy to do, just squeeze one end of one of the boxes to slide it into the other. Put your kits inside and slide the upper box down to the appropriate length. These are perfect for mailing rocket kits because you can adjust the size to appropriately fit most rocket kits. Added benefit is that it double boxes the kits keeping them a bit safer.

Steve

Good tip. Thanks. FWIW the kits I ordered from him were packaged in regular boxes with crumpled paper for packing. I feel bad for leaving such positive feedback after seeing how he handled your purchase.

mojo1986 02-01-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbectec
Good tip. Thanks. FWIW the kits I ordered from him were packaged in regular boxes with crumpled paper for packing. I feel bad for leaving such positive feedback after seeing how he handled your purchase.

No, you shouldn't feel bad. You should leave feedback that's appropriate for your transaction. That's the fair thing to do.

leftover 04-14-2018 11:45 PM

What a shame. These kits are getting harder to find. I bought from him before but would think twice now.