Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Current Kit Talk (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Semroc (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17041)

astronwolf 12-27-2017 03:17 PM

Semroc

Looks like eRockets is discontinuing a lot of Semroc kits. I counted nearly 40 kits that are being phased out.

Ltvscout 12-28-2017 12:15 AM

Sad... :(

ghrocketman 12-28-2017 02:07 AM

I think discontinuing the entire SLS line and the Saturn 1B really stinks.

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-28-2017 04:11 AM

Actually, I think it will clear out room for more new products. In a successful business model you can't keep stuff around if it doesn't sell. I would imagine that if you really had a hankering for one of the kits, eRockets would still stock the parts, just not in kit form.

astronwolf 12-28-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Actually, I think it will clear out room for more new products. In a successful business model you can't keep stuff around if it doesn't sell. I would imagine that if you really had a hankering for one of the kits, eRockets would still stock the parts, just not in kit form.

Yes, Randy has a business to run. Out with the old stuff no one wants, and in with the new. And there is a lot new going on.

ghrocketman 12-28-2017 01:58 PM

I like the way it was ran by the original owners- nothing ever got discontinued, custom parts reasonably priced, etc.
Really wish it would have been possible for Sheryl to continue it on, but totally understand why it could not with Bruce's health.

K'Tesh 12-28-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I like the way it was ran by the original owners- nothing ever got discontinued, custom parts reasonably priced, etc.
Really wish it would have been possible for Sheryl to continue it on, but totally understand why it could not with Bruce's health.

They're not discontinued as in you'll never see them again (and can't find the parts to clone them). They just aren't assembling the parts into kits that aren't moving fast enough to justify their shelf space (e.g. Earmark, which had no sales IINM in 2017, and others that sold only 4 kits (or so) in the same period of time).

If you want something that is OOP and out of stock, just use the instructions (which he's trying to figure out how to archive for free download), and order the parts (including decals) separately.

ghrocketman 12-28-2017 02:33 PM

Ahh.... that's good news if he is keeping all the parts and decals available for them.

tbzep 12-28-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Tesh
If you want something that is OOP and out of stock, just use the instructions (which he's trying to figure out how to archive for free download), and order the parts (including decals) separately.

Most of the instructions are still available for download on the original SEMROC site.

K'Tesh 12-28-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Most of the instructions are still available for download on the original SEMROC site.

Just not the "new" kits that came out since the sale to eRockets.