Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Designer's Studio (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Profits in model rocket design and invention? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=10428)

BABAR 12-24-2011 09:56 PM

Profits in model rocket design and invention?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone made their fortunes by some single design or invention related to model rocketry? :rolleyes:

Bazookadale 12-24-2011 10:06 PM

Well there is Vern and Mabel.

shockwaveriderz 12-25-2011 11:33 AM

there's Aerotech and their reload technology.

Terry Dean

CPMcGraw 12-30-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABAR
Just out of curiosity, has anyone made their fortunes by some single design or invention related to model rocketry? :rolleyes:

After six days and only two reply posts, I'd suggest if there was a fortune to be made in this industry, we'd all be doing it. We certainly have plenty of talent on this forum...

Carl's probably one of the more successful manufacturers on this forum, and I notice he's been extremely quiet on this subject. :D

The silence speaks rather loudly.

Bazookadale 12-30-2011 12:24 PM

There's an olde maxim in this industry - if you want to make a small fortune in rocketry, start out with a big fortune.

tbzep 12-30-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Carl's probably one of the more successful manufacturers on this forum, and I notice he's been extremely quiet on this subject. :D

Yet he had a completely different career between the two phases of SEMROC history to provide for his family, and I suspect he contracts out his laser cutter and lathe services to other vendors to supplement the small niche market of SEMROC.

Tau Zero 12-30-2011 01:24 PM

Keep your day job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
After six days and only two reply posts, I'd suggest if there was a fortune to be made in this industry, we'd all be doing it. We certainly have plenty of talent on this forum...

The silence speaks rather loudly.
After Carl said he'd release my Tau Zero as a Semroc kit, he told me not to quit my day job. ;) :D

I didn't, but I didn't make thou$and$ in Real Cash Money, either. :eek: :rolleyes:

Fortune, no. Fortunate, yes. :cool:

Chr$ 04-08-2012 10:03 PM

Congrats, Jay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
After Carl said he'd release my Tau Zero as a Semroc kit, he told me not to quit my day job. ;) :D

I didn't, but I didn't make thou$and$ in Real Cash Money, either. :eek: :rolleyes:

Fortune, no. Fortunate, yes. :cool:

mycrofte 04-09-2012 11:59 AM

I have tried it in several hobbies and have made maybe $200 over 15 years.

I just settle for being happy my cardstock stuff is out in the world.
_________

Tau Zero 04-09-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr$
Congrats, Jay!
Thanks! ;) :D :cool:

I still have a few (relatively) low number Tau Zeros in plastic bins downstairs. (sly look)

Cheers,

--Jay