Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   RockSim Asylum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Updated DATA Files (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4541)

Tau Zero 01-18-2009 09:21 PM

Updated DATA Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
We defin[it]ely need to get all the DATA files in a neat thread along with the component parts, tips and tricks, etc...
Craig and "all y'all,"

Please post your updated DATA files on this thread once they're ready for public consumption. :cool:

Thanks and cheers,

CPMcGraw 01-18-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Craig and "all y'all,"

Please post your updated DATA files on this thread once they're ready for public consumption. :cool:

Thanks and cheers,

What's that well-worn phrase again?

I'm workin' on it... :D

CPMcGraw 01-18-2009 10:31 PM

RockSim SEMROC Database Files

7 Attachment(s)
I'm going to post these files in their last-known condition, meaning the data is the same as on the Studio thread from their last respective posts. In a few weeks, I am going to go through them again and finalize some descriptions that are not displaying as I'd like. The parts data, however, appears to be usable as-is.

For those who understand that CSV files are nothing more than "Comma Separated Values" spreadsheets, then you have the option of looking through your existing database files and culling out all of the old SEMROC data using Excel, Quattro, or Calc. If you don't want to go through all of that, then MOVE all of the CSV files already in your 'data' folder to some other folder, and place these files into the 'dataimport' folder.

I am going to save them here with their final filenames, meaning you only need to save them in the 'dataimport' folder, then run RockSim.

Mark II 01-18-2009 11:00 PM

Craig,

Will these files work with RS 8, or are they RS 9-only? (I don't know if there is any difference in the file formats.)

Mark \\.

CPMcGraw 01-18-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Craig,

Will these files work with RS 8, or are they RS 9-only? (I don't know if there is any difference in the file formats.)

Mark \\.

I think these go back as far as V7, but I know they're the same as V8.

rkt2k1 01-18-2009 11:46 PM

Semroc Body Tubes - Rocksim Parts

1 Attachment(s)
Craig, I didn't see the Semroc body tube master file that we worked on in your list so I've attached it to this post.

I followed your lead and uploaded file with final filename so it could just be saved in the Rocksim 'dataimport' folder.

Again, this is the same as the latest body tube file posted in the Studio thread. I imported each of the 8 parts files posted and have been using them in my latest builds. So far they seem ok.

... Bill

CPMcGraw 01-19-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt2k1
Craig, I didn't see the Semroc body tube master file that we worked on in your list so I've attached it to this post.

I followed your lead and uploaded file with final filename so it could just be saved in the Rocksim 'dataimport' folder.

Again, this is the same as the latest body tube file posted in the Studio thread. I imported each of the 8 parts files posted and have been using them in my latest builds. So far they seem ok.

... Bill

Thanks, Bill. I totally missed that one. I thought they were all together in that list... :o

Everyone, go ahead and start using these files. Whenever new components are released, they'll have to be updated anyway.

rkt2k1 01-19-2009 10:42 PM

Semroc Parachutes & Streamers - Rocksim Part Files

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the Rocksim part files for Semroc parachutes and streamers. It includes every parachute and streamer I could find listed on the Semroc web site. If you see anything missing let me know and I'll get it added in.

Since this is first time these parts files are being posted, they should get the once over before importing. They are fairly small files due to the limited number of parts in these categories.

I think we are now down to just the mass objects parts to complete the Semroc master set. :)

... Bill

CPMcGraw 01-19-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt2k1
Here are the Rocksim part files for Semroc parachutes and streamers. It includes every parachute and streamer I could find listed on the Semroc web site. If you see anything missing let me know and I'll get it added in.

Since this is first time these parts files are being posted, they should get the once over before importing. They are fairly small files due to the limited number of parts in these categories.

I think we are now down to just the mass objects parts to complete the Semroc master set. :)

... Bill

I would like to see some additional items in the MODATA file, if we can locate the weights. It would be nice to have some accurate data on snap swivels, Kevlar threads, and elastic chords. Either as individual parts, or as pre-assembled combos (ie - 24" of Kevlar thread, plus 24" of 1/8" elastic, plus a #10 or #12 snap swivel). Anyone know where we can get such data?

Thanks, Bill, for working up streamers and parachutes!

rosko_racer 01-21-2009 11:55 PM

R these files to be used to replace the existing data files in Rocksim? Or are these to be "merged, imported, added" into the already data files?

I copied the original ones on a separate folder as a backup. Downloaded the new ones and placed them on a "new data" folder. Ran RS v8 and "imported" the new files into the data folder. All I can select now on parts are from SEMROC. Did I do this right? What about all the old data in the older data files?