Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Mission Control (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Life-changing day of launches (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12112)

Newbomb Turk 01-25-2013 05:34 PM

Life-changing day of launches

3 Attachment(s)
Sunday, 1/20, was a fine morning that was celebrated with a successful day of launches. This is to include three maiden flights: the replacement Mosquito, the Semroc NSG Scout and my Beta clone. All functioned quite well, especially the Beta with perfect staging, as well as my 1980's vintage Nike Apache. Other stars included the Patriot clone and the Semroc Bandit, although the Bandit went lower on a B6-4 than you would expect on an A8-3. We finished up a morning of nine flights, all recovered safely. And then:

Heading out from the field, preparing to turn left from one dirt road to another that leads to a main road, we see it. Me, first: What is that? Is that...is that...a puppy? Sitting there in the grass, watching us driving up, was a tiny puppy. I stopped and LCO/RC Sandy got out. It hop/hobbled clumsily to her and she picked him up, getting drowned in wet kisses. There is no way he could have gotten there on those legs, and no one was anywhere around. This was an abandoned puppy, maybe six weeks old. We took him home, called an emergency vet line and was advised to feed small, frequent meals.

We got him in to our vet Monday, and he is not well. Three kinds of worms, anemic and with a skin infection, we had him de-wormed and he is now on two prescriptions and five ml Gatorade a day to hydrate. He is beautiful, not out of the woods quite yet, but doing much better.

Please allow me to introduce: Lionel.

jetlag 01-25-2013 05:38 PM

You are his Godsend!
Fantastic! He sure looks like a keeper to me!

Allen

PhilAK 01-25-2013 06:24 PM

His name wouldn't CATO by any chance?

Earl 01-25-2013 06:54 PM

Good to hear a nice, heart-warming story; thanks for sharing.

'Lucky' could be his name 'cause he surely was lucky and blessed you two passed by when you did.

Earl

sandman 01-25-2013 08:30 PM

He;s cute!

But all puppies are cute

That looks like it may have a bit of pit bull in him. Nothing wrong with that.

Actually found puppies are the best kind.

They seem to be a bit more loyal than the ones you buy. ;)

Jerry Irvine 01-25-2013 09:25 PM

Nice payload . . .

Sheryl@Semroc 01-26-2013 06:34 AM

I love stories like this. We are "dog" people and have always had a few at a time. Our's are supposed to be maltises, yorkies, and a silkie but there is something or things wrong with each of them. Definitely not for breeding but we wouldn't have it any other way. The found ones are the best.

You were there at that time for a reason. Thank you for not just looking away. Do hope Lionel makes a full recovery.

Sheryl

pantherjon 01-26-2013 06:39 AM

Cute little bugger! All my pets are found/rescue animals.2 dog and 2 cats.

bubamech 01-27-2013 03:39 AM

Dogs Are For Loving.

tbzep 01-27-2013 04:45 PM

:cool:
You now have to build these scale models: Bullpup, Bulldog, Hound Dog, Bloodhound, Pointer, etc. and fly them with your new pup!