Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Count Dooku (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15135)

tbzep 06-11-2015 08:03 AM

Count Dooku

Count Dracula/Dooku, Christopher Lee passed away June 7 at the age of 93.
Today was the first time I've seen it mentioned in the news. Where were you tmaclin?

For me he was most memorable in the Star Wars franchise, the old Dracula/Frankenstein and various other "Hammer horror" flicks, and as Rochefort in The Three Musketeers (the 1970's version) and The Four Musketeers, though he's credited in nearly 300 movies and shows.

gpoehlein 06-11-2015 08:44 AM

Sad to hear - I am surprised I had not heard about it since several of my friends are huge fans of his work.

Also, don't forget he played Sarumon in Lord of the Rings.

tbzep 06-11-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Sad to hear - I am surprised I had not heard about it since several of my friends are huge fans of his work.

Also, don't forget he played Sarumon in Lord of the Rings.

Yes, and many other villians in movies like The Wicker Man, James Bond, etc. He even took roles in a few comedy/parody movies. His catalog is full. I just mentioned the original three because I remember him best in those movies. Who can forget the eye patched Rochefort in the Musketeers movies with Raquel Welch and Faye Dunaway sporting those uplifting corsets?

jeffyjeep 06-11-2015 09:15 AM

He was great in the old Hammer flicks! He was an excellent Frankenstein's creature partly because of his impressive height (6'8" I believe.)

Peaceful rest, Mr. Lee.

bernomatic 06-11-2015 10:06 AM

Finally, I will be able to sleep at night.

gpoehlein 06-11-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Yes, and many other villians in movies like The Wicker Man, James Bond, etc. He even took roles in a few comedy/parody movies. His catalog is full. I just mentioned the original three because I remember him best in those movies. Who can forget the eye patched Rochefort in the Musketeers movies with Raquel Welch and Faye Dunaway sporting those uplifting corsets?

Ah yes - Lord Sommerisle from Wicker Man! A truly wonderful movie! And a great performance by Lee!

ghrocketman 06-11-2015 12:38 PM

I honestly remember him most as the villain in the James Bond pic "The Man With The Golden Gun".
Was not aware he was that far up in years; he's only two years younger than my Grandmother at 95, who is my last remaining Grandparent.
Roger Moore as James Bond was disapointing compared to Sean Connery, but still worthwhile nonetheless.

chrism 06-11-2015 06:02 PM

A classic actor who had so many memorable roles. He must have done something right to make it 93!

Newbomb Turk 06-11-2015 06:40 PM

Hopefully, Svengoolie will do something special in tribute, soon. He, as well as Super Sci-Fi Saturday Night on MeTV has become appointment television in my house.

jeffyjeep 06-11-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
He was great in the old Hammer flicks! He was an excellent Frankenstein's creature partly because of his impressive height (6'8" I believe.)

Peaceful rest, Mr. Lee.

Oh, I've been corrected. He was 6' 5"---same as I.