Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Model Rocket History (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Centuri LIA-88 pad (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16772)

JohnNGA 08-10-2017 06:30 PM

Centuri LIA-88 pad
 
I have been trying to clone the early Centuri pads, finished the LIA 50, 77 and 100.....anyone ever come across the 88? Thanks, John

dwmzmm 08-11-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNGA
I have been trying to clone the early Centuri pads, finished the LIA 50, 77 and 100.....anyone ever come across the 88? Thanks, John


Not sure if there a LIA - 88. I can't remember if there was a launch pad between the 77 and 100. I had the LIA - 77 back in the days, lasted a good while until one of the wooden leg snapped in two.

JohnNGA 08-12-2017 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The LIA-88 only appears in the 65-68 catalogs, just a basic wood assembly with an asbestos pad for heat deflection. It came with an option for either the 1/8 or 3/16 rod. I 'm gonna try to scale it from the rocket (Explorer).

tbzep 08-12-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNGA
The LIA-88 only appears in the 65-68 catalogs, just a basic wood assembly with an asbestos pad for heat deflection. It came with an option for either the 1/8 or 3/16 rod. I 'm gonna try to scale it from the rocket (Explorer).

Shhhhh. Don't say asbestos. The class action lawyers will crawl out of the woodwork. :eek:

JohnNGA 08-12-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Shhhhh. Don't say asbestos. The class action lawyers will crawl out of the woodwork. :eek:



LOL..that's the truth, I've been retired a few years and daytime TV (when I can stand to watch) is a continuous loop of "get your settlement" commercials.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.