Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Forum Information, Rules, Etc (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bigger text? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=8150)

blackshire 11-26-2010 08:20 AM

Bigger text?

Hello All,

I don't know if it was accidental or intentional, but this morning the text size here on YORF is slightly but noticeably larger, and I like the change!

Rocketflyer 11-26-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
Hello All,

I don't know if it was accidental or intentional, but this morning the text size here on YORF is slightly but noticeably larger, and I like the change!

'Tis easier on the ol' eyes for sure. :D

sandman 11-26-2010 08:41 AM

???

It looks the same to me.

tbzep 11-26-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:
Hello All,

Hold down the CTRL button and move your scroll button on the mouse. It changes the font size in Firefox and Chromium. Probably works on IE too.

You most likely did that accidentally and didn't notice at the time.

blackshire 11-26-2010 09:42 AM

No, it doesn't make any difference. (I never use the scroll knob because it's in such a location that I can't bend either adjacent finger to reach it without great effort.)

tbzep 11-26-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:
No, it doesn't make any difference. (I never use the scroll knob because it's in such a location that I can't bend either adjacent finger to reach it without great effort.)

Most people who accidentally change text size, accidentally drag their hand across the scroll button while their other hand is resting on the CRTL button.

You can also hold down CTRL and push the + or - key to do the same thing, BTW.

If your text size doesn't change using either method, something is screwy about your computer. I never use IE, but I looked it up and text size can be changed using the same methods as Firefox and Chromium.

Mark II 11-26-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Most people who accidentally change text size, accidentally drag their hand across the scroll button while their other hand is resting on the CRTL button.

You can also hold down CTRL and push the + or - key to do the same thing, BTW.

If your text size doesn't change using either method, something is screwy about your computer. I never use IE, but I looked it up and text size can be changed using the same methods as Firefox and Chromium.

The text size looks the same to me as well. But if anyone is having difficulty reading YORF's text at its default size, using their browser's zoom function (as you have described) is an easy fix. (That's why they all include it.) My laptop has a multi-touch track pad and no scroll wheel. I inadvertently zoom the screen in or out sometimes when I am trying to move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other. Just as with other inadvertent actions that are triggered by a careless flick or gesture, I'm not really sure what I do to invoke it, but I just hit Control-0 to bring it back to default. Firefox apparently has a number of actions that can be invoked by making certain moves on the trackpad. I wish I knew what those gestures were so that I could use them deliberately for a change.

Ltvscout 11-26-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:
Hello All,

I didn't change anything.

tbzep 11-26-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I didn't change anything.

That's what Dr. Frankenfurter said, too.

Ltvscout 11-26-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
That's what Dr. Frankenfurter said, too.

Ya, but I'm not a sweet transvestite, from transexual Transylvania! :eek: