Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   $13.500.00 gets me this... (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=8715)

Scotty Dog 02-24-2011 11:32 AM

$13.500.00 gets me this...

1 Attachment(s)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo because my 2000 Jeep is R.I.P. That will put a damper on my rocket money stash. :( But it does have lots of room for hauling rockets :D

Pem Tech 02-24-2011 11:33 AM

*Jeep Envy*
:)

Scotty Dog 02-24-2011 02:19 PM

L1 Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem Tech
*Jeep Envy*
:)
* L1 Envy* :D Opened up the Bucky, nice kit. I may start it tonight. Been a little stressed since the old Jeep took a crap. Shopping for a vehicle is about as fun as looking for a job or a place to live. The thing that gets me...everybody nows what you need (vehicle) or so they say. I dont know how many times I was told what I need over the last couple weeks .I told one guy ..How in the "blank' do you know what I need. He did not answer, so I repeated myself and said "AGAIN!!!!..How in the ... do you know what I need? He just looked at me with a very strange look. What I needed ,was people to shut their trap and let me make up my own mind. :rolleyes: Anywhoo- its over and I can get back to enjoying building rockets.

sandman 02-24-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Dog
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo because my 2000 Jeep is R.I.P. That will put a damper on my rocket money stash. :( But it does have lots of room for hauling rockets :D

Nice!

My wife's 1996 Jeep Cherokee is starting to make me nervous.

I better start looking.

My 2002 Chevy S-10...well, that's just a disaster waiting to happen!

I miss my Ford Ranger! :(

ghrocketman 02-24-2011 02:31 PM

Car salespeople are about as fun to deal with as a dentist with rusty instruments.
Perfect vehicle just in time for $3.50/gal gasoline. :chuckle:

Pem Tech 02-24-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Car salespeople are about as fun to deal with as a dentist with rusty instruments.

Precisely the reason I bought my diesel VW after my 2001 Cherokee was totaled.

sandman 02-24-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem Tech
Precisely the reason I bought my diesel VW after my 2001 Cherokee was totaled.

Oh, I am jealous!

My last diesel Jetta died at 485,00+ mile (the odometer quit working two years earlier) just the brakes but it was major parts time, calipurs, brake lines cylinder...etc. :( Just too far gone.

The motor was still ran great...it just wouldn't stop!

BTW...the VW deisel works just fine on home heating fuel but you didn't hear that from me. :rolleyes:

My wife drives 4 miles a day to work and back so mileage isn't an issue

Sunward 02-24-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Dog
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo ....

Details?

Mileage, condition, history, etc. Any additional charges?

Do you need the 4x4 feature? if not, a station wagon or van should do you fine.

Scotty Dog 02-24-2011 05:16 PM

Details

[QUOTE=Sunward]Details?

Do you need the 4x4 feature? if not, a station wagon or van should do you fine.[/QUOTE] :chuckle: Ha, thats too funny. You also know what I need. Details= Small town dealer, bought off them before. Know all the people that work there on and off the street. Very nice shape, did a carfax. Started as a rental (9mo) down in Pemsilvania, These guys bought it at action,they sold it to a guy rite here in town, he traded for a new pick up, and now I have it. 60k on it. AWD 3.7 V6 AC,CD, Info center-compass,outside temp,trip ometers and all that stuff. Basic Laredo package. Colors in and out different shades of gray/slate. Im looking into the Factory Warranty These days a few bucks can buy an extention. The dealer said hell take care of any issues (if any) for 3k or 3months. Like I said ,small town and word travels so I know the guy will do me good as in the past dealings. He wrote it up at 15439.00 and gave me ;) 2439.00 for the old Jeep. 13500.00 final offer, done deal, Thank you very must ,give me the keys. I think I did good. Did the search thing and most are going for 15-18000. 4x4? Have you seen my drive way? :chuckle:

Scotty Dog 02-24-2011 05:25 PM

Feed Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I looked ,but they didnt have a BIG OLE CHRYSLER, so I got the next best thing. :chuckle: