Thread: Estes 'Aloha'
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Default Estes 'Aloha'

Years ago I worked part time at a hobby shop (more for the discount than the money).
While looking over the packing list of the latest shipment, checking to see what we receievd from Estes I saw a kit name that I didn't recognize, the 'Aloha'. Naturally I started pawing through every box in the backroom looking for this new kit, without any luck. I checked the list again, to make sure I had the name right, and sure enough, there in black and white was
Kit# 1225 'Aloha'. "Hmmm, #1225 looks familiar - can't be a new # - what's going on here?"
I started looking through the kits again, checking the #'s this time. More than a little sheepishly I realized what had happened. The packing list was printed on a pinwriter, and the 'O' was actually 'P', the printer had just dropped the bottom half. My co-workers had a good time with that for a few weeks. We commemerated the event by building an 'Alpha', dubbing it 'Aloha', and sticking a Aerotech D21 in it and ripping the fins off it 50' above the launch pad. Below are the remains...

Sean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  EstesAloha.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  142.3 KB