View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Default Fill In The Blanks

I have a book my Mom bought me back in 1970 called The Complete Book of Model Aircraft Spacecraft and Rockets by Louis H. Hertz, copyright 1967. It's been a prized possession of mine since it was the first book I ever got with model rockets in it. The rocket chapter isn't huge, but it's rich in history and some unknowns. I'll post some of it here to share and to ask for details. Nearly all the photos were provided by Estes and a few from the NAR.

The first photo from Estes shows a Falcon , X-15, and Dyna-soar BG. I find it hard to believe the X-15 is a glider and it doesn't look like the original plastic X-15 Estes released in the early 70's. It looks more like the Cox release. The Dyna-soar is a complete mystery to me. Was it a kit prototype, a DOM model, or not even associated with Estes at all?

The second photo shows the MMI Aerobee HI and Arcon kits. It's the only photo of a MMI Arcon I've seen.

The third photo is an Estes collection shot.

Later I'll post some photos from the book of competition events to see if anyone recognizes the people in the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying-Models001.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  47.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying-Models002.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  36.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying-Models003.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  89.4 KB