Thread: I'm curious...
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Master Modeler

I like to buy old vintage kits and build them. I currently have over 200 Estes kits that I have bought over the last year alone. I have 74 rocket from the 1979 catalog. As of right now I have not nor do I have plans to collect rockets such as the Saturn V or LTV Scout.....For some reason no desire to build them...This could change I will have to wait and see. This is how I go about with my collection: I buy the kit and build it with everything that is in the kit. I do replace the rubber shock cord with new shock cord. If the bt is damaged I replace it with an Estes tube. If the decals are real yellow, I scan them and print them out on my Alps printer. This way I can make sure they are close to the orig decals. I am able to match the decal colors this way. If it is a kit that I will not be able to clone in the future. I try to buy 2. Examples would be the Star Wars kits, Balsa nose cone kits, and kits that use a lot of plastic. I have never been a collector of anything, I will only live once and want to enjoy it. There is no better joy than opening up an orig. Estes rocket and building it.