View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Default Original Estes GOONYBIRD Decals (Stickers)

I came across a couple of packages of Estes sticker sheets for their Goonybirds from the early seventies. I opened one and found five sheets of stickers, one for each of the original Goonybirds EXCEPT the Sky Shriek. Has anyone else seen these sets? Anyone know why they were sold in sets like this, and why the sheet for the Sky Shriek would be missing? I suspect that these were simply packaged and sold sometime after the Goonybirds went OOP (does anyone know when that happened?), and that the Sky Shriek sheets were all gone at that time.

I've put the sheets from the opened package on Ebay............and am mentioning this in case anyone here wants to do a clone of one of these rockets. I suspect that these sticker sheets would be difficult (but perhaps not impossible) to clone. I suppose someone who's handy with a computer could scan them and then print them out on label stock............doing the die cut on the sheet would be pretty much impossible, but in my view not necessary anyway as they could be easily cut out with scissors.

Any info that anyone has on these would be greatly appreciated.

Joe