View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Estes Pro Series II E2X Sale, questions

First, if anybody wants some Estes Pro Series II E2X rockets for cheap, Estes has a bundle on sale that contains a Mammoth, Trajector, and Prowler launch set for $45. The individual rockets are on sale too if you only want 1 or 2 of them. (Go to the main Estes web page, click Specials, then page 4 at the bottom has the individual rockets. But the bundle price is still significantly less than the even the sale prices of each individual rocket totaled up.)

https://www.estesrockets.com/cleara...2017-bundle-8-1

I've been doing the standard Estes rockets for 40 years (with a 15 or 20 year break in the middle) but never done anything larger than D engines. I've never had much interest in going larger, mostly due to increased costs, but at this price to get started, I decided to give it a try. I just purchased this bundle. (I have a few models now that will fly on either D or E engines, but still have never actually flown anything on larger than a D.)

I have a few questions about the Pro Series II rockets I'm hoping someone can help with.

Wadding - I see Estes has a Pro Series II specific wadding. What's the difference between this and standard Estes wadding?

Launch system - Again, I see there is a Pro Series II specific launch pad and launch controller. The Prowler kit comes with the "E" pad and launch controller. So why would I consider the Pro Series II specific launch pad and/or controller?

Beyond that, any other tips about the Pro Series II for someone who's generally well experienced in standard Estes rockets but never done anything larger before?

Thanks much!