View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:18 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
My best friend in high school had a red and white Comet. It was seriously tricked out but it was a sleeper. You would have never expected anything until he opened up the throttle.

I've always thought AMC made the ugliest cars - ever-. The Gremlin, Pacer, Matador, Javelin are all hideous.

I had a string of girlfriends who all drove Gremlins. (Married the last one, so they can't be all bad.) First one had a nicely optioned Levi edition that actually ran decent. Maria's was a bargain-basement car that someone GAVE her. Even then it was too much. Grandpa had a 70 Hornet with a small block V8. (304 or 301. Can't remember which.) It was supposed to be my first car, but Dad nixed the idea. Grandpa got $150 for it in trade on the Volare that he, Grandma, and his brother Jay and his wife Dot amost got killed in. I'd rock a two door Hornet if the opportunity arose. I've also seen some cool things done with Pacers, and the Javelin/AMX and (later model) Matador are just flat cool. When I was bridge hunting back in the very early spring, I saw an SC/Rambler on a flatbed, hopefully on the way for a restoration. Ugly, yes, but very cool.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2