View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:27 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
My best friend in high school had a red and white Comet. It was seriously tricked out but it was a sleeper. You would have never expected anything until he opened up the throttle.

I've always thought AMC made the ugliest cars - ever-. The Gremlin, Pacer, Matador, Javelin are all hideous.

I liked the AMC Hornet in the Bond film "The Man with the Golden Gun"... not the prettiest car ever by a longshot but still fairly neat looking for that time...

I used to have a 73 Mustang-- before they became TOTAL CRAP and UGLIER THAN SIN... There's a guy about 4 miles from me here who has TWO 74-76 Mustangs sitting in front of his house for sale-- FOR THE LAST TWO OR THREE YEARS-- NO BITES (heck no nibbles I'd bet!) Those 'stangs look just like a Pinto sans the hatchback... and they were TOTALLY wimped out motor-wise-- either a 4 banger or a wimpy V-6... I've heard of people shoe-horning a 302 into them, but the front suspension can't really take the weight and the unibody sags after awhile, and it's still a butt-ugly car...

Later! OL JR