Thread: Centuri Motors
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
I think the bottom line is that most everyone ASSUMED that there was a difference. Bottom line, if you put a "B" motor in your rocket and it flew, who cared who made it as long as it performed as it was suppose to.

My father told me a story when he lived in California, he worked for a orange juice packing plant , one company making juice under 18 different brand labels.

In todays corporate world, who knows who makes what, especially with so many mergers and company "secrets".

I think we would all be amazed if we knew the backgrounds of many of our well known brands.

And in todays marketplace, you try to get as much business that you can, even if it's a rival.

I was in restaurant management for 20+ years (during the time I was AWOL from the hobby). I managed a Church's Chicken restaurant. After the company was bought out by
Al Copeland Enterprises (Popeyes) in 1989, ACE went somewhat belly up and was taken
over by another management firm that named itself American's Favorite Chicken (or
AFC). Many people (even employees) didn't know for a number of years that Church's
Chicken and Popeye's was really one company (our paychecks came from the same
HR facility).....