View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

Carbon,

I did a test a few days ago because I was talking with another person on another site about 'Made in America'.

I looked around my kitchen and living room and discovered that over 95% of the items in the rooms were made in China.

Then I thought, well the broom has to be made in America ... come on, its only a broom! Well the broom was made in Mexico.

The only things that were made in America and in my kitchen and living room were old items that I are considered collectibles; A few Marx Dolls that I have, old model airplane kits from the 1960's, and a Fender Stratocaster from the early 1980's (before Fender started having their guitars made over seas).

Bottom line is that , we hardly make anything anymore in the United States. I would really hate to be a person in America who is dependent upon manufacturing here in America.

On another note, Australia and New Zealand are lobbying hard for qualified people to immigrate from the U.S. to their countries.

IT is HUGE in New Zealand. They will guarantee a $60+K/year job, housing, and medical to get people to move there.

Australia just had a big job fair down in Texas where they are trying to get Americans who have skills in coal, mining and oil to related to their nation.

Not trying to hijack the thread ... if you want to talk more about this, please open a new thread down in the 'Free for all' area and we can discuss further

Sorry Gerry.

Jonathan