View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I had really hoped that these were going to be similar to the old early 1970's Cox D8 18mm BP motors; yes they were "small" impulse D's (think around 13 nsec) but were much more powerful than a C6. (and yes I still happen to have a hoard of Cox D8-0's and D8-3's that I still use today !)
Because they were BP, they were AFFORDABLE (around the same price as Estes C's !).
The Cox D8-3 is a GREAT motor for the original Mars Lander (along with the C5-3 also) .
No way will I be spending around $8-$9 for one flight when I can buy THREE 24mm Estes D's for that price. If these sold on the market for something reasonable (say NO MORE than $4 each) I would consider buying them. I know this will not be the case as this would be cheaper than a RMS 18/20 reload.
The only application I see a real use for an 18mm composite is some sort of competitive event that spec's a 20n-sec limit but allows airframes of 18mm.

Dont get me wrong here....I LOVE my RMS 29/40-120 and 24/40 but I just can't seem to grasp using them when cheaper BP motors will do.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !