View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 05:12 PM
ACE DISASTER COMPANY

I was of the same mindset a few years ago when I started looking at re-joining the NAR. It DOES look like everyone has gone "high power crazy" and that the "small stuff" was totally ignored. I'm much more interested in low and mid power because 1. I do a rocket unit at my elementary school and we only use low power, 2. cost, and 3. I just like black powder (the smell, the smoke, the natural orange flame, etc). I went ahead and joined for the insurance, but I didn't get in contact with my local NAR section for about three years. I just figured everyone would just be doing high power and I wouldn't fit in. That was a mistake. As it turns out the majority of the guys in the club do low and mid power. Also, I began to notice that even though there are a lot of high power articles in the magazine, most of the really practicle stuff is geared toward low and mid power (plans, how-to's, etc) Yeah, there are still a ton of high power pictures in there (let's face it. they're pretty impressive) but there is other stuff too. I can't tell you what to do, but in my case going ahead and joining and then getting in touch with my local section was a great move...