View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Seagulls Beware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I meant for your future builds and as a tip for folks new to the board that might see the post. Fly the snot out of your current Goblin and build another with the mod cause you know you want to put a D12 in it and lose it.

BTW, make sure the hook is recessed enough. IIRC, even the old kit's hook is borderline touching when sitting on the fins.

And I meant too late, as I usually clip the finger tab off and install it backwards to keep the factory edge on the outside of the rocket. However, in this case, I found that you can carefully thread the finger tab into the slot, and it will stay in place nicely. But I can see how future readers of this thread may benefit from the suggestion. My sim of the 7237 however will be stock.

I also am going to have to modify the engine mount to something that isn't quite stock (old or new). Due to damage to the body tube in transportation, I'm reinforcing the back end of the body tube by gluing the aft centering ring flush with the end of the rocket, much like the old Cherokee D kit was. The engine hook will be mounted 1/4" from the end, and not 3/8" from the end. So, it should sit on its fins (or darned close to it).

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.