View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Well, a different data point than Roy's experience. Anyone want to venture a tie-breaking datapoint?

Jerry, can you (please!!!) share a box photo of the 2250 and 2650?? Of course, if they are packed away somewhere or hard to get to, it would qualify NONE whatsoever as a valid excuse not to share a photo!

Earl

Actually I think Jerry's remembered it better than me. My first Estes Saturn probably did come in a plain brown shipping box with an end label. I got another as a gift a year or so later that was probably in the nice box.

The Centuri one was definitely a simple white shipping box, pretty similar to what the North Coast kits came in. In fact, I never saw a labeled Centuri Saturn V until many years later. Kids around me bought Estes Saturn V's because those were eventually available at Bob's News Stand, and Plaza 5&10. S&K Bike Shop in Athens was the only Centuri dealer in the region, and I don't remember him ever stocking any of the big rockets. I remember I used the box for storing parts and odd&ends once I repurposed my room from a rocket workshop to a darkroom.