View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Gentleman Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Actually I think Jerry's remembered it better than me. My first Estes Saturn probably did come in a plain brown shipping box with an end label. I got another as a gift a year or so later that was probably in the nice box.

The Centuri one was definitely a simple white shipping box, pretty similar to what the North Coast kits came in. In fact, I never saw a labeled Centuri Saturn V until many years later. Kids around me bought Estes Saturn V's because those were eventually available at Bob's News Stand, and Plaza 5&10. S&K Bike Shop in Athens was the only Centuri dealer in the region, and I don't remember him ever stocking any of the big rockets. I remember I used the box for storing parts and odd&ends once I repurposed my room from a rocket workshop to a darkroom.

Mine Came from S&K in Athens (I think My parents had him special order one)...the box long outlived the model...We did not Know how good we had it...S&K carried Centuri Bob's News and Tobacco sold Estes (and lots of other hobby stuff) Plaza 5&10 had MPC and Sky City sold Cox...