View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I wouldn't call these bring backs if they're not essentially the same as the originals. I would call them what they're called in your list above, "based on." I was very disappointed to read in another thread that the Centuri models won't have Centuri-sized parts, unless that's just a typo which has happened before.

If that's the case I'll continue to have to wait for Semroc's Retro-Repro of my first rocket, the Payloader II. At least that will have original-sized parts.

To achieve the exact dimensions as the original Centuri kits, that would mean an entire new inventory of parts with the slight differences in tolerances.

As we all know, the differences between Estes and Centuri parts were small, but, Centuri did it so that parts could not be interchanged.

The BT-56 was a Centuri body tube, whcih Estes used mainly on their RTF's and some others. In my opinion, the difference was just a pin in the butt.

Inorder to have "space" one needs to standardize their parts inventory, like I had mentioned above, it would be like creating a totally new company.

At least we are getting BALSA, laser cut BALSA fins and waterslide decals.

And, if you were to go back over the requests from the former Estes forum and from request here, this is what was requested.

The fact that you don't see RTF's and mostly plastic kits is a move in the right direction.