View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 10:32 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
I'm assuming that was the name, since that's what I labelled it - of course it might have been called that by who-ever drew it .
side note - since CD used the 'sonics' moniker, has me thinking Gary might have drawn it, or possibly Irvine for CRM, but I;ve not been able to turn it up .
you'll agree with me it is definately the bird BJ Humphries is holding, so does have historical significance, just bugs me to no end to not have the info / source :-(

~ AL

Just really curious about it but it's a great looking rocket and definitely of historical significance, exactly the types I'm most interested in

I've never seen it before, and yes it's without a doubt the plans for the rocket that BJ Humphries is holding.

Don't feel bad about not locating the source. Every now and then I think of something I read in one of my old Tripolitan magazines. I was trying to help out a buddy of mine with information on a three stage min diameter rocket I remembered reading about and remember the picture, the article and how this guy used conduits and banana plugs to run the stage wires externally for staging. I never did find that article and flipped through all my issues I have back to summer 1988 and still couldn't find it. I know I saw it ..... still can't find it.

I did a quick inventory tonight and I have most of the parts I need to build the EnerJet Sonic 36 so I guess you know what that means
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates