View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Steve,

for the life of me I can NOT find the plans..

I know for a FACT it was a published plan, and attributed to Enerjet, I thought it was in Amspac, or model Rocketeer, but I've checked all my issues, CRM,HPR,etc and nothing....

I will have to get some pics, it basically has Nike-Ram style fins, and I recall the plans having specific tube lengths,etc, since I went out and bought FSI parts ( then still available) to clone it, and had to cut two differnt tubes for the body / payload ( ie: no stock lengths/ too long for making it all from one tube), I think I might still ahev the small cut-off tube sections to this day.

I * DID * however, find a photo ( scanning in a sec, lol ) of BJ Humphries, holding what I know is this bird design.
photo was in the April 1983 California Rocketry mag centerfold, if you have that issue.

off topic - CRM is an awesome look back at early Hpr / MRT activities, lots of pics,etc. (including Jim Tucci, and other ex-Florida guys who are now active on the old rockets listserve :-)... it'd be nice if these could be posted, I don't have em all - if anyone has any extras let me know :-) - but would scan what I havemif permission to post could be arranged ( hmm.. Jerry or Chuck ? )

let me know if you want the design for this bird, I can always measure / trace mine.. still annoys me to not find the plans, because I know I did not imagine em, lol

~ AL

psL photo in next post.. my scanner's being a pain (still ), majorly green tint, any advice, or is it toast ? ( I reinstalled the drivers,etc after having a whole batch of YORP scans be unusable, some I sent this time were ok, so not sure how to adjust more :-(

Al,

I'd love to see the specs on this - no idea what it was called, eh?

Sean