View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Master Modeler

Default What New Models will you be flying at NSL 2017?

I thought I would start a thread to see what new or even older models people intend to bring to NSL this year down in New Mexico. This will be the first National launch I have attended outside of Pueblo.

The first model I am working on is a BT-20 size Scissor Wing Transport. It's all built but I still need to apply a couple coats of clear dope and a light coat of White Paint. I"ll print up a set of decals on my ink jet printer. It will fly on A10-3T motors.

The second model is a Scratch Built sport scale model of a Door Knob Sounding Rocket. The nose cone came from an Estes Maxi Brute V2 rocket. The body tube is or course a BT-101 to match the cone. The fins have a center through the wall part made out of 3mm birch plywood with a layer of 1/16" bass wood on both sides. The leading edge of the fins are tapered to a point. As seen in the photo it weighs 16.4 ounces. Ready to fly it should be around 20 ounces. It has a 29mm motor mount so I plan on flying it with Estes F15-4 motors and low impulse F composite motors.

I've got others planed as well and I'll post them as they come together.

I look forward to seeing what others will be flying at NSL.

John Boren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Scissor Wing Transport.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  121.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Door Knob Painted.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  146.4 KB