View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

I would also like to add the following:

Estes is finally making is presence known at National events such as NARAM and the National Sports Launch.

I know it costs them (Estes) money to do this and that they write off the costs, but never the less, its an investment that is initially a loss (neglecting the tax write-off), but in the long run it pays dividends in customer loyalty.

John Boren, an Estes designer/marketing employee, does read and post here and on other rocketry boards. Its nice to know that we have a DIRECT line into the heart of Estes/Cox; do you have that with Toyota, GMC, FORD, Nissan... NOPE!

So all in all, its a better situation for the hobby. I can only say this for fact: There are things in the works that are going to pole vault this hobby into the 22nd Century to be released in the next couple of years.

Larger mid-power scale kits, kits from the 60's and 70's released as up-scales or in their original form.

I guess the best indicator would be ebay; as soon as you see 4,5 or 8 Centuri Apollo Little Joes up for auction in a 30 day period, you will know the re-release is moments away from being announced There are others. I have been asked by manufactures to lend kits for examination (and yes, I got them back unharmed) for re-engineering/reverse engineering.

So bottom line, save your pocket change like Oliver North did for Iran/Contra and spend like a drunken sailor on shore leave in the next couple of years!

Jonathan